Underclassmen deadline approaching... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underclassmen deadline approaching...

you beat me by a second with that. Rumor is Brohm really wants to go tothe pros, but his family isn't sure. Kragthorpe is a former QB coach in the NFL and might get him to stay, but if his brother decides to take on a more lucrative job, I highly doubt Brohm stays.

Yeah, I saw that. Internet rumor on one of the U of L boards said that Oscar Brohm has been checking out financial planners. TIFWIW.

ultimately for Brohm, it's better to come out this year. I doubt h'd fall pass s, and if he did, Carolina would jump on him.

If he has to learn a new offense his senior year, his stock could go down. Look at Leinart, I think he's in a good situation talent wise in Arizona, but when he returned for his senior year, everybody just looked at hs weaknesses, instead of his strengths.

ultimately for Brohm, it's better to come out this year. I doubt h'd fall pass s, and if he did, Carolina would jump on him.

If he has to learn a new offense his senior year, his stock could go down. Look at Leinart, I think he's in a good situation talent wise in Arizona, but when he returned for his senior year, everybody just looked at hs weaknesses, instead of his strengths.

Exactly, Brohms riding a high right now, and with everything that has happened at UofL lately (Petrino gone, Bush declaring, brother possibly leaving) he would be well advised to accept the kind of money being a 9th pick can give.
He could possibly be the 1st next year, but he could also pull a Leinart and drop, or could get badly hurt and see his stock plummet. No real advantage to staying another year in this case.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but to inform the original poster, Brennan has said that he'll announce his decision on the 15th.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but to inform the original poster, Brennan has said that he'll announce his decision on the 15th.

I think hes waiting for Brohm. If Brohm declares Brennen likely goes back to school in an attempt to build his name and rep for the top of the next draft. If Brohm stays, Brennen comes out and attempts to attract the teams that would have looked at Brohm, such as us and Carolina. Hes got the potential to be a big time guy, just alot of people dont know him, and his school has a system rep.

i dont think its a given that brohm stays as number 9. i could see him moving up the boards, especially if he plays in the senior bowl and shines

i dont think its a given that brohm stays as number 9. i could see him moving up the boards, especially if he plays in the senior bowl and shines

Do juniors play in the senior bowl? :tongue: Seriously, seems logical that they wouldnt, but im not sure-lots of other games anyway. I was saying that Brohm likely wouldnt be slipping out of the top 15 at worst, and top 10 is very reasonable and likely at this point. I could easily see him going higher as well, one never knows. :D

Do juniors play in the senior bowl? :tongue: Seriously, seems logical that they wouldnt, but im not sure-lots of other games anyway. I was saying that Brohm likely wouldnt be slipping out of the top 15 at worst, and top 10 is very reasonable and likely at this point. I could easily see him going higher as well, one never knows. :D

LOL. You're right, my bad :lol: . In the combines Jamarcus Russell should steal the show. It'll be interesting who does better quinn or brohm at the combine?

it will be interesting if Brohm (or Brennan for that matter) declare. Russell will steal the show because of his arm so he'd probably go number 1. Detroit would be tempted to take a QB, but I highly doubt the FO, or the fans, want take someone who will ride the pine all season. IF Quinn is there at 3, Cleveland will have a lot of pressure to take him (local boy, and lifelong fan).

It's not too unrealistic to see all 4 QBs go in the top 15, and maybe even the top 10 (Oakland,Detroit,Cleveland,maybe Tampa, maybe Houston,maybe Minny and us all will look at a QB).

Though if Brohm falls to us, there are only a couple people I'd want if w passed him, and I'd still be disappointed.

...and still no word of Brian Brohm or Colt Brennan... ahhhhhh this is bad cuz i was really hoping Brohm would declare and we could snatch him with the 9th overall pick... he IMO, could be the best NFL QB in this years draft.. :( and Brennan could be a steal in the 2nd round -even tho people may think hes a 3rd/4th rounder, hes easily better than many other QBs entering this years draft... 2 or 3 days remaining, i was hoping they'd say something already

If Saban hires Brohm's brother as the OC in Alabama....I think he will declare

Brohm should stay..Next year he would have a chance at 2 prestigous awards.

1 the Heisman he'd be a front runner.

2 the national championship...Got a heck of a offense and a legit shot.

Not to mention he would be the number1 pick next year.

The one bad part of being #1 overalll is you go to a really crappy franchise. Zona-Clev-Oak. If he goes to us or Carolina he'll be better off in the long run.

Brohm should stay..Next year he would have a chance at 2 prestigous awards.

1 the Heisman he'd be a front runner.

2 the national championship...Got a heck of a offense and a legit shot.

Not to mention he would be the number1 pick next year.

As a college football fan Id disagree. No way they have a shot at the national title with a new head coach and a new offensive coordinator. They dont have their running back ( who proved extremely valuable in their loss to rutgers )

Not to mention West Virginia will be back with a full head of steam, returning Pat White and Steve Slaton.

And Darrent McFadden will be the Heisman frontrunner, as he should be.

ESPN says Brennan is really thinking about declaring. Not sure on Brohm.

Monday will be a wild and fun day. Last minute declarations including Ginn, Jr???

Back
Top Bottom