Underclassmen deadline approaching... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underclassmen deadline approaching...

C

chada456

...and still no word of Brian Brohm or Colt Brennan... ahhhhhh this is bad cuz i was really hoping Brohm would declare and we could snatch him with the 9th overall pick... he IMO, could be the best NFL QB in this years draft.. :( and Brennan could be a steal in the 2nd round -even tho people may think hes a 3rd/4th rounder, hes easily better than many other QBs entering this years draft... 2 or 3 days remaining, i was hoping they'd say something already

...and still no word of Brian Brohm or Colt Brennan... ahhhhhh this is bad cuz i was really hoping Brohm would declare and we could snatch him with the 9th overall pick... he IMO, could be the best NFL QB in this years draft.. :( and Brennan could be a steal in the 2nd round -even tho people may think hes a 3rd/4th rounder, hes easily better than many other QBs entering this years draft... 2 or 3 days remaining, i was hoping they'd say something already

Kind of reminds me of the Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers situation. Most GM's had Manning pegged as the clear cut best of the 3 and the Giants gave up a lot to get him. The Chargers came out pretty good in the deal. Big Ben inexplicably dropped to 11, where the Steelers were all too happy to snatch him up.
Let us hope the same scenario plays out for the Phins. I would be happy with either Russell, Quinn or Brohm. Although, I'm not sure who the better long term prospect is. I suppose it depends on the system you run and who your coach/GM feels would fit their system the best.

It doesn't look good for those two comming out this year.:(

colt brennan for heisman in 07 i like him but i dont think he will come out this year.

It doesn't look good for those two comming out this year.:(

Brennen is 50/50. He's basically waiting to see what Brohm does. If Brohm ultimately decides to stay in college, I'd sa Brennan goes t 75/25 leaving. He's not stupid, he knows that if Brohm enters the draft, he becomes the 4th QB, and could fall to the late 1st, early 2nd. Butif Brohm stays, he could skyrocket to a top 10 pick (not saying he's bad, I love Brennan, but if bot he and Brohm came out Brohm would not fall past us, an unless Carolina took Brennan, there aren't many teams that have QB high on their priority list in round 1)

Brennen is 50/50. He's basically waiting to see what Brohm does. If Brohm ultimately decides to stay in college, I'd sa Brennan goes t 75/25 leaving. He's not stupid, he knows that if Brohm enters the draft, he becomes the 4th QB, and could fall to the late 1st, early 2nd. Butif Brohm stays, he could skyrocket to a top 10 pick (not saying he's bad, I love Brennan, but if bot he and Brohm came out Brohm would not fall past us, an unless Carolina took Brennan, there aren't many teams that have QB high on their priority list in round 1)

Colt Brennan is supposed to be a 3rd round prospect, at best. Where are you seeing him as a first rounder?

Colt Brennan is supposed to be a 3rd round prospect, at best. Where are you seeing him as a first rounder?

where are you getting 3rd rounder? A lot of scouts say he'll be a first rounde next year, and could be this year; especially since there are a lot of teams in the top 10 that could use QBs.

Remember, Rivers was projeted as a late 2nd early 3rd until the senior bowl; Cutler was a late 1st early 2nd until his senior bowl. Aaron Rodgers was supposed to go number 1 overall. Jason Cambell as supposed to be a 3rd rounder at best. It all depends on need, and workouts.

where are you getting 3rd rounder? A lot of scouts say he'll be a first rounde next year, and could be this year; especially since there are a lot of teams in the top 10 that could use QBs.

Remember, Rivers was projeted as a late 2nd early 3rd until the senior bowl; Cutler was a late 1st early 2nd until his senior bowl. Aaron Rodgers was supposed to go number 1 overall. Jason Cambell as supposed to be a 3rd rounder at best. It all depends on need, and workouts.

Ive definitely seen that Brennan has the possibility of sneaking into the first round next year with a solid season and a good workout.

You're right in the sense that any projections we have right now could change after the senior bowls/combine workouts.. so any disagreement we have right now would be absolutely silly ;)

Brennan doesn't have a big frame and he comes from a system notorious for inflating numbers at the QB position ( timmy chang, etc )

Brennan has skills, but I dont think he'd sneak his way past the 2nd round. The only disagreement on your list is that I remember Alex Smith being the #1 QB on most NFL GMs lists due to his intelligence, size, and mobility, while Rodgers came from another system ( Tedford at Cal ) who has produced such busts as Kyle Boller.

I sure hope Brohm declares. If he doesn't and continues to progress his senior year, we won't have a shot at him unless we really stink up 2007.

Ive definitely seen that Brennan has the possibility of sneaking into the first round next year with a solid season and a good workout.

You're right in the sense that any projections we have right now could change after the senior bowls/combine workouts.. so any disagreement we have right now would be absolutely silly ;)

Brennan doesn't have a big frame and he comes from a system notorious for inflating numbers at the QB position ( timmy chang, etc )

Brennan has skills, but I dont think he'd sneak his way past the 2nd round. The only disagreement on your list is that I remember Alex Smith being the #1 QB on most NFL GMs lists due to his intelligence, size, and mobility, while Rodgers came from another system ( Tedford at Cal ) who has produced such busts as Kyle Boller.

Alot of people are high on Brennen and its easy to think he could be as high as a mid first atm. He has alot of physical tools and has a drive and fire that is quite impressive. His biggest knock really is that he coming from a lesser known school that has a "system" rep. But if you compare Brennen to say, Timmy Chang, you can easily see the difference.
Many say that if Brohm declares, Brennen could be the top QB and possible top pick next year with a solid season.

Im not to worried about anyone declaring or not at this point. Many people do wait till the last second, there really isnt a huge advantage to declaring 3 days early or whatever. Will wait and see what its like after the deadline.

Brian Brohm has a lot of pressure on him staying, I think HE wants to go to the NFL but his family and his new coach is telling him to stay another year, its hard to walk away from that

I stated in the "Brian Brohm update" thread, that Saban has offered the OC position to Brian's older brother Jeff. U of L has already filled the OC position so Jeff Brohm would be the QB coach if he decided to remain in Louisville.

I stated in the "Brian Brohm update" thread, that Saban has offered the OC position to Brian's older brother Jeff. U of L has already filled the OC position so Jeff Brohm would be the QB coach if he decided to remain in Louisville.

you beat me by a second with that. Rumor is Brohm really wants to go tothe pros, but his family isn't sure. Kragthorpe is a former QB coach in the NFL and might get him to stay, but if his brother decides to take on a more lucrative job, I highly doubt Brohm stays.

Back
Top Bottom