‘Underdog’ Griff Whalen unlike anyone on Miami Dolphins’ roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Underdog’ Griff Whalen unlike anyone on Miami Dolphins’ roster

It sounds like a lot, and is a lot of food volume wise.

But because it's all vegan stuff, his body will get rid of it pretty quickly. You'll hear a lot of vegans who will tell you they get there protein from crap like beans, and that it's more than sufficient.

What they dont tell you is that you need to eat massive amounts of it, especially if your an athlete or weight lifter. That stuff goes right through you before your body can even store any of the nutrients. If a serving of beans has 8 grams of protein you'll be lucky to store 2-3 grams of it, which is why you have to eat so much.

I tried going vegan for awhile, It was hard as heck to maintain my weight as a vegan.

I could see that. True, you definitely don't get the bang for your buck with plant-based protein, and Iron doesn't get absorbed into your body as easy as a meat-based diet.
I was vegetarian for about a year and a half-ish, and I started feeling physically weak because I wasn't getting enough iron and other nutrients. It can be a tough diet to stay fully healthy with.

I could see that. True, you definitely don't get the bang for your buck with plant-based protein, and Iron doesn't get absorbed into your body as easy as a meat-based diet.
I was vegetarian for about a year and a half-ish, and I started feeling physically weak because I wasn't getting enough iron and other nutrients. It can be a tough diet to stay fully healthy with.

Yeah without animal fats some nutrients def don't absorb well. But for the most part I'd consider veganism extremely healthy. But for athletes it's just too hard to maintain muscle and strength. Plus I love the taste to much to give up meat. I do 1 day a week of vegan meals though, because I feel it gives my digestive system a nice break, and allows me to clean myself out.

I really hope Whalen pushes the bottom half of our WR group because we have so much talent! I think it is really going to be a fun position group to watch because I think each one of these guys can easily be argued to be deserving of a 53 man roster spot.

I also feel like we may be in position to acquire one of those end of preseason conditional 6th/7th round picks due to trade interest in one of our WRs. If we dont see much in Stills this preseason could he be a candidate? I hope he proves to be worth resigning but you never know, especially if there are injuries to other teams top WRs.

Note: I would be very upset if we let Stills go for a late round pick.

I just see Landry, Whalen, AJ Cruz and Grant as slot only guys and I can only see the team keeping two players for that role. I'm thinking Landry and Grant have those roles barring injury to Grant. I think Whalen can do the job as a returner/reserve slot receiver, but I don't think he's the kind of player you lose sleep over letting go. Grant on the other hand could haunt you if let him go in favor of Whalen.

WTH? Where are the mods to delete this junk that is 100% off topic?

I'm hoping we have a solid WR corps. I'm actually rooting primarily for Jakeem Grant. I think he can be electric and a real difference maker at that last WR spot ... but he drops passes too. Griff Whalen, I think the drafting of Caroo and Grant really killed his odds of making this team, but I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. If he can win a spot, I'm fairly confident that he will have earned it because it's an uphill battle. Our WR corps is the strongest position group on the team these days ... and it feels kinda strange to say that, lol.

I simply can't trust a man who won't eat tasty cow. :idk:

I'm as healthy as can be and I eat steak multiple times a month.

You don't have to eat just plant based foods to be healthy. Cut down on artificial ingredients and poof.

WTH? Where are the mods to delete this junk that is 100% off topic?

:3w:

(Just saw this thread)

*ahem*

Some of you really need to visit the political forum. Those arguments belong there.

If I have to come back in here & delete roughly 1/2 the posts again, you will not enjoy my reaction.

... Continue with the topic at hand.

You don't have to eat just plant based foods to be healthy. Cut down on artificial ingredients and poof.

That was huge for me. I'm selective about when and how much meat I eat. I'm also very selective of the source, but eliminating soda, fast food, and quickly checking food labels keeps me looking like I exercise much more than I do. Very simple steps, really. Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything significant.

:3w:

(Just saw this thread)

*ahem*

Some of you really need to visit the political forum. Those arguments belong there.

If I have to come back in here & delete roughly 1/2 the posts again, you will not enjoy my reaction.

... Continue with the topic at hand.
You add to this please use the report function if you see terms of service violations. As Bump said, he just noticed the thread, we don't always catch everything. Using the report function helps us keeps things in order and on topic.

There are many viable plant based protein powders on the market that folks can use if worried about protein levels

Ya that's a big part of eating healthy for sure.

But I do think there is something to the whole vegan diet being easier on your digestive system and making your body more efficient.

I eat meat every meal, and even eat it for a snack to maintain my weight because I don't use any supplements. But I tell ya on days I don't eat any meat, I def feel the difference energy wise. My guess is the body can operate more efficient when it's not busy breaking down meat all the time. Or maybe its just mental, I dunno.

Ya that's a big part of eating healthy for sure.

But I do think there is something to the whole vegan diet being easier on your digestive system and making your body more efficient.

I eat meat every meal, and even eat it for a snack to maintain my weight because I don't use any supplements. But I tell ya on days I don't eat any meat, I def feel the difference energy wise. My guess is the body can operate more efficient when it's not busy breaking down meat all the time. Or maybe its just mental, I dunno.

Everybody's body is different and react to nutrition differently

Back
Top Bottom