‘Underdog’ Griff Whalen unlike anyone on Miami Dolphins’ roster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Underdog’ Griff Whalen unlike anyone on Miami Dolphins’ roster

Off Topic?

"‘Underdog’ Griff Whalen unlike anyone on Miami Dolphins’ roster"

"Whalen, 26, eats a strict, plant-based diet. Hasn’t touched meat or fish for two years. Swears he isn’t craving a trip to Shula’s Steak House or a detour to a Dunkin’ Donuts drive-through. Gets weird looks from teammates when he plops his tray on the table.

“I’m kind of that underdog role,” he says. “I’m looking for anything I can do to give myself an advantage.”
It either works spectacularly or fails miserably. If you’re charting Whalen’s four-year NFL career, you won’t find middle ground."

The article is about Whalen using a plant-based diet to get an edge on his NFL competition. I fail to see how discussing the benefits of practicing a plant-based diet for the benefit of both the individual and the planet as a whole, as clearly Mr. Whalen believes, is "off topic". The OP did not mention Whalen's ultimate role with the team nor his place in the Dolphins' WR corps, although I am interested in those comments as well. Just because some posters are uncomfortable discussing plant-based diets, that should not be grounds for neutering the thread. Perhaps this thread belongs somewhere else, and of course, those who are offended can choose to ignore it.

I personally am inspired by Whalen's efforts and applaud any and all who follow him. I have seen and heard of many people who have overcome "untreatable conditions" and saved their lives by simply adopting a truly healthy diet (raw vegan). Hippocrates said "Let food be thy medicine". So for those who are interested, consider following Griff Whalen's system for optimal health. It has been proven to work for athletes.

Tony Gonzalez was well known for his vegan diet and he claimed that it extended his HOF career. Arian Foster went from UFA to superstar RB, fueling his body with only plant-based nutrients. There are many other athletes in other sports too, even bodybuilding, who don't eat animal foods.

I'm not here to spoil anyone's lunch. I just want my fellow posters to know food is a HUGE component of health. Where I live good vegan food is readily available, unfortunately it is hard to find in many places. But vegan foods like pastries, nut-cheeses, nut-milks, and salads can be delicious....even gourmet. As long as our bodies get proper nutrition, we won't be hungry. If you are interested in a vegan athletic diet, like Whalen's, Google it; it's out there.

I'm curious what Whalen can do on special teams and perhaps at DB.

RW

Ya but plant based food is no doubt easier to digest than meat.

Yes, and raw plant food is easier to digest than cooked or processed plant-based food. And while the body is working hard digesting complex foods, it must neglect other functions, like healing itself.

RW

"‘Underdog’ Griff Whalen unlike anyone on Miami Dolphins’ roster"

"Whalen, 26, eats a strict, plant-based diet. Hasn’t touched meat or fish for two years. Swears he isn’t craving a trip to Shula’s Steak House or a detour to a Dunkin’ Donuts drive-through. Gets weird looks from teammates when he plops his tray on the table.

“I’m kind of that underdog role,” he says. “I’m looking for anything I can do to give myself an advantage.”
It either works spectacularly or fails miserably. If you’re charting Whalen’s four-year NFL career, you won’t find middle ground."

The article is about Whalen using a plant-based diet to get an edge on his NFL competition. I fail to see how discussing the benefits of practicing a plant-based diet for the benefit of both the individual and the planet as a whole, as clearly Mr. Whalen believes, is "off topic". The OP did not mention Whalen's ultimate role with the team nor his place in the Dolphins' WR corps, although I am interested in those comments as well. Just because some posters are uncomfortable discussing plant-based diets, that should not be grounds for neutering the thread. Perhaps this thread belongs somewhere else, and of course, those who are offended can choose to ignore it.

I personally am inspired by Whalen's efforts and applaud any and all who follow him. I have seen and heard of many people who have overcome "untreatable conditions" and saved their lives by simply adopting a truly healthy diet (raw vegan). Hippocrates said "Let food be thy medicine". So for those who are interested, consider following Griff Whalen's system for optimal health. It has been proven to work for athletes.

Tony Gonzalez was well known for his vegan diet and he claimed that it extended his HOF career. Arian Foster went from UFA to superstar RB, fueling his body with only plant-based nutrients. There are many other athletes in other sports too, even bodybuilding, who don't eat animal foods.

I'm not here to spoil anyone's lunch. I just want my fellow posters to know food is a HUGE component of health. Where I live good vegan food is readily available, unfortunately it is hard to find in many places. But vegan foods like pastries, nut-cheeses, nut-milks, and salads can be delicious....even gourmet. As long as our bodies get proper nutrition, we won't be hungry. If you are interested in a vegan athletic diet, like Whalen's, Google it; it's out there.

I'm curious what Whalen can do on special teams and perhaps at DB.

RW
You think Whalen may be useful corner? Does he have any experience on defense?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

People really need to take a nutrition course at-least a juco college before proclaiming veganism is the be-all to end-all. Especially for a professional athlete.

back to your regularly scheduled bitchfest.

Yes, and raw plant food is easier to digest than cooked or processed plant-based food. And while the body is working hard digesting complex foods, it must neglect other functions, like healing itself.

RW

Is that true? I Would of thought heating the food would break it down making it easier to digest.

Is that true? I Would of thought heating the food would break it down making it easier to digest.
The most easily digestible foods are raw sprouted nuts and seeds; next would be raw vegetables. Also the body digests different foods at different rates and eating combinations of mismatched foods will further disrupt digestion i.e. eating protein rich foods with carb rich foods. Fruit digests fast but turns to fructose which is an unhealthy sugar.

For most healthy people, we can get our bodies to digest most foods and combinations of foods eventually, but if we are ill it makes sense to use all of the energy wasted on digestion to help heal and detoxify our bodies. This is how many people have cured themselves of terminal cancer and many other illnesses simply by switching to a "digestively streamlined" diet.

This is only the most basic explanation of how to heal the body by maximizing digestive efficiency.

More info is available at: http://hippocratesinst.org/oxygen-in-food

RW

Last edited by a moderator:
You think Whalen may be useful corner? Does he have any experience on defense?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I was thinking maybe he could play a little slot CB or FS in a pinch, be effective on kick coverage, and also be in the KR rotation; useful enough to make the team.

If not, he'd make a damn good nutrition coach!

RW

People really need to take a nutrition course at-least a juco college before proclaiming veganism is the be-all to end-all. Especially for a professional athlete.

back to your regularly scheduled bitchfest.
Problem is... the curriculum provided in such courses (esp. juco) is usually based on admissible info provided by the FDA, USDA, and AMA, all of which get heavy lobbying from the meat and dairy industry. Ranchers and doctors stand to lose a fortune if we start eating healthy and stop becoming health risks...So..they employ lobbyists to block legislation, suppress scientific studies, and control mainstream nutrition research and curriculum. Proof is in the pudding...Are we not an obese and unhealthy population compared to other countries whose population can't afford meat/dairy rich diets? Yes. Thanks USDA.

If you want more info about this, take the time to watch "Forks over Knives".

[video=youtube;QBRhLa2xbRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBRhLa2xbRI[/video]

Enjoy!

RW

Back
Top Bottom