Underestimating the Colts? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underestimating the Colts?

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
Guys althought i was impressed by our fins last week(especially the O-Line and D-Line) i'm kinda skeptical on us blowing out the Colts...

There are several reasons why i think that its gonna be closer than most people think:

- Nobody has mentioned that we play the Jets next week...I didnt want to point it out but i hope that our fins arnt thinking about breaking the jets hoax already and not focusing on the game...
Also this game doesnt mean as much since the colts arnt in our division anymore..
Home Opener for them...Will be pumped up to end the losing streak..

-Everybody points out the Colts weak D-line...Will Ricky be overconfident, overseeing their rookies and trying not to hurt his shoulder on turf??

-Az Hakim looked like Mark Clayton and Mikheal Ricks like Tony Gonzalez last week imagine Harrison and Pollard??

Could we be overlooking the Colts ??? I hope not :(

Pollard is out for this week's game from what I heard. And Az Hakim did NOT look anything like any superstar receiver from what I recall. All I remember was Ricks hurting us. And besides, all of Hakim's yards probably came in the 2nd half against 2nd stringers. Anyway, I don't think it will be a blowout either. More like a shootout if you ask me.

Like he just said Pollard will be warming the bench not toasting our secondary. Az had 1 catch before Madison went down for 6 yards i beleave. No one will be overlooking anyone. The Colts and Dolphins might as well be in the same divsion as far as this game is concerened. All these players have played against each other 2 times a season for while now, so both teams will be thinking of this as a division game. The Jets smets when your about to go against Manning, Harrison, and Edge your not thinking about Testerverde and Martin. This D will be alot better than the D that gave up 3 tds in garbage time last week, they will look alot more like the D that forced Detriot to 3, 3 and outs thier first 3 times they touched the ball.

Well we will just have to see who wins.

This game will more then likely depend on Rob Morris. If he can plug Ricky's holes and bounce him outside and we can get a little presure on Fielder then we will win. If not then we will lose. Pretty simple.

I'm thinking the Phins took the Lions game like a preseason game. It certainly looked the part. Two second string QB's playing in the 4th. Stadium ended up nearly empty.

This is going to be more like the first game. I don't think Wanny will have to put mousetraps in the lockers.

Last week worked out perfect, considering how slow they were getting on track in the preseason, but the nicest part about it; it counted! :D

I don't think the dolphins are the ones that are overconfident for this game...I think it is the fans who are talking up the team, not the team itself....I think the Dolphins players are focused on the task at hand....If you'll notice it has been eerily silent as far as players running their mouth about how good they are.....I think that all the disrespect the team has gotten for a thorough whipping of another NFL team last week has made them angry this week....I don't think that they are looking ahead to the Jets but, I do think they will send a message to the Jets....:evil:

what blow out?

how can anyone, from either side be predicting a blow out?

the last 4 meatings [all won by miami:D ] have been decided by an average of 3 points.

is it being "overconfident" top predict a finz win? no. we have won the last few games against the colts with a horrendous offense. ricky IS an improvement [we run good on the colts everytime, even without ricky] our coordinator is vastly improved and let's face it, the colts defense, even with dungy, isn't tampa. no sapp, lynch, brooks, etc...... norv's scheme is favorable against cover 2.

on the other hand, our defense could let us down. hopefully, o-gun will will be a diference maker today. him and j.t. should be to much, plus chester has something to prove. but i feel jamar fletcher is going to be roasted today. i think the colts are chomping at the bit to get at him.

will ricky's shoulder hold up on the turf? our lb's better learn there main responsibilty in this scheme is coverage. they need a much improved outing than what they had against detroit.

i see a shootout witht a turnover deciding the game. another 30+ point outing for both teams. feidler better play smart.

any blow out talk is a bunch of hooey!!

PROSECUTE THE FLORIDA 3!!

Re: what blow out?

Originally posted by clayton83

the last 4 meatings [all won by miami:D ] have been decided by an average of 3 points.

That's what I am trying to say. I can't believe anyone would pick this game to be a blowout by either team.

I hope Adewale Ogunleye f*cks up Manning mouth again like Jermaie Haley did last year, ( I think it was Haley, correct me if I am wrong). I want to hear Manning talk again with his mouth all f*ucked up. Quote from last year from Manning> "he knocked the sh*t out of me" That was one of the best quotes all year last year.

Originally posted by chambers84
I hope Adewale Ogunleye f*cks up Manning mouth again like Jermaie Haley did last year, ( I think it was Haley, correct me if I am wrong). I want to hear Manning talk again with his mouth all f*ucked up. Quote from last year from Manning> "he knocked the sh*t out of me" That was one of the best quotes all year last year.

From what I have read of your post so far, this one fits right along with it. Ever heard of class?

You would think that since the players shake hand and talk before and after the games that the fans could do the same too. Some people just never learn sportmanship though. Sorry for you.

I am not going down to your level of trash thinking and saying that I want us to hurt someone on the Dolphins. These players have families and lives after the NFL. I don't want to see any of them get hurt. It is a part of the game though. Good luck to you.

Quote from last year from Manning> "he knocked the sh*t out of me"

Actually, I think he said:

"he nothed da sid ouda me"

You would think that since the players shake hand and talk before and after the games that the fans could do the same too. Some people just never learn sportmanship though.

Before and after? Come on CA! This IS the game! But I can still shake hands with you, talk politics, weather... But that would be off topic on this board.

Re: what blow out?

Originally posted by clayton83

is it being "overconfident" top predict a finz win? no. we have won the last few games against the colts with a horrendous offense. ricky IS an improvement [we run good on the colts everytime, even without ricky] our coordinator is vastly improved and let's face it, the colts defense, even with dungy, isn't tampa. no sapp, lynch, brooks, etc...... norv's scheme is favorable against cover 2.

on the other hand, our defense could let us down. hopefully, o-gun will will be a diference maker today. him and j.t. should be to much, plus chester has something to prove. but i feel jamar fletcher is going to be roasted today. i think the colts are chomping at the bit to get at him.will ricky's shoulder hold up on the turf? our lb's better learn there main responsibilty in this scheme is coverage. they need a much improved outing than what they had against detroit.

i see a shootout witht a turnover deciding the game. another 30+ point outing for both teams. feidler better play smart.

PROSECUTE THE FLORIDA 3!!
uh..............the second time the dolphins met the colts in the 2000 season, the fins lost. i know, i flew 3000 miles to watch them lose in person!:(

Originally posted by Run_Ricky_Run

Actually, I think he said:

"he nothed da sid ouda me"

Before and after? Come on CA! This IS the game! But I can still shake hands with you, talk politics, weather... But that would be off topic on this board.

Why is that? What pleasure do you get from talking trash?

Wouldn't you rather have an intelligent conversation instead of a third grade trash talking war that includes things like "My daddy can whip your daddy"?

While you’re at it why don’t you meet me in the parking lot after the game? ;) LOL

It’s just not my style and I can’t see why anyone would want to be that way.

This only shows what a sorry person you are...... I would never hope that any Dolphin player gets hurt..... have some class.....this comment is aweful.... no matter what team you root for... you never wish serious harm to anyone!!!

Spoken like the true crackhead that represents Miami so well. What an idiot, Manning's gonna turn your secondary into swiss cheese, f*ckup for brains. He's better than the Fiddler with a broken jaw, a broken leg, and one arm tied behind his back.

You're a loser.

Back
Top Bottom