Underrated Fin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underrated Fin

cigar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Derrick Pope
I dont see any reason why this guy doesn't get on the field. Much like Yerimiah Bell, Ive seen him do nothing short of making plays when given a chance. He filled in for Zach last year when he was hurt and the defense never missed a beat, and has played bigger than his size in goal line situations. Might be a little undersized for the 3-4, but so was Zach and he seems to be doing just fine.

(I had to say something nice since Im being hated for messing with the beloved Wes Welker)

It's funny, before I even opened the thread, I was guessing that it was Derrick Pope that you were talking about with the title "underrated fin." I agree. When Zach was injured and he started a couple of years ago, he did an excellent job filling in. I hope that he sticks for a while and gets a shot.

I have no clue why we didn't see more players on the field this year. Ask Saban.

I can't see Travis Daniels as being under-rated.

He hasn't seen the field enough, and he's never healthy.

Popes a great player and has def showed signs, he should deserve to see more playing time and could help give ZT a breather at times

I love Derrick Pope! What a BAMF. He hits as hard as anybody I've ever seen and I agree that just as Yeremiah Bell was given his shot, it wouldn't hurt to look at Pope in a starting role. I'm from Garden City, Kansas originally and if memory serves me correctly, while playing at the Community College here he injured every running back on the team and broke some guys spine.

That is why they call him the Future.

I have no clue why we didn't see more players on the field this year. Ask Saban.

Good point. I didn't understand his not putting some newer guys in the games after it was clear we were going to need a miracle to make the playoffs. It didn't jive with his "build for long term success" speeches. Seeing what some of the other guys could do in a real game situation would have been invaluable to offseason player evaluations.

But it all makes sense now. It wasn't about building the Dolphins for long term success. It was about getting the heck out of Dodge without a losing record so he'd continue to have that to brag about to his lil' disciples.

As a disclaimer.......People getting injured so severely is always tragic, but in this case, it serves to prove my point.

He doesn't play mush because he plays behind the NFL's leading tackler on one of the best defense's in the NFL. Also, Zach is the captain and the defensive play caller, and happens to be probably the smartest LB in football.
Zach probably doesn't want a breather. I agree Pope is great. Is he a free agent?

I can't see Travis Daniels as being under-rated.

He hasn't seen the field enough, and he's never healthy.
Well it was just a really bad injurie for him. It stuck with him from the beginning of training camp, and hes still having it looked at now. Im sure he'll be fine by next season.

Derrick Pope
I dont see any reason why this guy doesn't get on the field. Much like Yerimiah Bell, Ive seen him do nothing short of making plays when given a chance. He filled in for Zach last year when he was hurt and the defense never missed a beat, and has played bigger than his size in goal line situations. Might be a little undersized for the 3-4, but so was Zach and he seems to be doing just fine.

(I had to say something nice since Im being hated for messing with the beloved Wes Welker)

i agree, he is great on special teams, but that is where some players stay and can contribute. he is like yeremiah bell, and i was one of the first to say he should start. but look how he ended the season, he let up alot of plays and completely reversed the coaching staffs view of his role on defense.

Satan didn't want us to get better.At least in '06.I truly believe the Bama crap surfaced long before it was made public.A bad season would also help make his excuse to get out.Nobody is happier than me that he is gone.Now,we just have to clean up his mess,and get our new Skipper and staff assembled.

Back
Top Bottom