Understanding Value of LB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Understanding Value of LB's

Landon Dickerson injury history scares me
Me too. That's why I go back and forth between Dickerson and Humphrey. I think the team will pick Dickerson, given the choice. I think I would take Meinerz, but annoyingly TDN mocks don't have him in their prospect list.

Overall the Parcells/Belichick defenses have always had big LB's. Very rarely if ever did they feature smaller, speedy LB's.

We may be wrong in assuming Flores wants to emulate that but there is no question that is what the NYG and Patriots were doing at that position.

Agree w/ the system that Parcells & LeBeau used.

I have never been a fan of the 3-4. The exception being the version M Schottenheimer used in KC.

Landon Dickerson injury history scares me
Dickerson, Trey Sermon and Rondale Moore are all guys who i would be afraid of for injury reasons.

I love Dickerson's toughness and versatility but he has a lot of mileage on those legs.

Sermon might be a good Day 3 gamble because he can really play but has had two serious leg injuries.

Dickerson, Trey Sermon and Rondale Moore are all guys who i would be afraid of for injury reasons.

I love Dickerson's toughness and versatility but he has a lot of mileage on those legs.

Sermon might be a good Day 3 gamble because he can really play but has had two serious leg injuries.
I know this was originally about LB but...
I like both Landon Dickerson and Creed Humphreys however, LD’s injury history scares me a lot and CH’s feet or lack of thereof scares me a bit too. Just doesn’t look all that athletic moving laterally to me although he’s strong as hell.

I’m really intrigued by Meinerz and the Hill kid from GA. I would be fine with waiting until rd 3 or later on 1 of these 4 guys bc they scare me with an investment higher than that.

I agree that LB value comes in sacks and at least a balanced game on stack and shed, tackling, zone and man coverage. You can't have an eye sore at any of them 'cause they'll exploit it but if I had to pick where I want elite at, that's pass rush.

In today's economics, LB value is generally tied to just one thing... sacks.

Show us a run stopping LB who can cover... and most yawn and change the subject, and I think this is similar to the situations with how WRs are regarded. So many only want offensive weapons, willing to take 8 receptions per game over 50 successful blocks by a lineman. They want splash plays... excitement!!!

A three down linebacker? Booooring!!

Look... there's a burning trainwreck!!! Yayyyyy!
LOL! Excellent point. I support improving all areas. However, I need to remind myself it's a passing league and the Dolphins are in serious need of chunk plays. Unfortunately, unless we are going to bring back Fiedlers's "deep jump ball" passing attack we are in need of WR's who can get a little separation on their routes and YAC. Do we need to use a 1st rounder on a WR? I am not sure. I have a feeling we will go #3 Sewell #18 Edge, LB, or DB so we might be looking at 2nd round guys and that doesn't mean it's a bad thing if our scouting is on point.

Back
Top Bottom