Undrafted Free Agents Most Likely To Stick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undrafted Free Agents Most Likely To Stick

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

I don't think anything is official yet, but here's a list of rumored UDFA signees.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/28/17293694/nfl-draft-udfa-signings-tracker-results-2018

Of those most likely to stick, I can pick three of them.

1. Jamiyus Pittman, UCF: DT isn't as deep as it was when Suh was here, but Pittman was UCF's best defensive lineman and produced solid numbers in his career there. I think there's a solid chance that he makes the team and earns playing time in the rotation.

2. Jalen Davis, Utah State: He graded out really well on PFF and allowed the 3rd lowest passer rating on passes targeted his way. I think I saw a few draft sites projecting him as a 4th or 5th rounder. I think he can be a backup to Bobby McCain. He's not the biggest guy but from my understanding is he's explosive and can make plays on the ball.

3. Mike McCray, Michigan: This is the least likely IMO, but I think he can be a backup SLB and a special teams contributor. Not sure his skills exactly translate to the NFL, but he's tough and produced prett ywell at Michigan.

Jalen Davis was a day 2 talent from what I've heard. So I'll go with him. Corner is gonna be quite the battle though

Could Jalen Davis and Cornell Armstrong essentially be competing for the same role? What about McTyer?

I think McCray has an alright shot, if we want to get more guys on the team who can hit hard. Maybe practice squad bound at least

I love that they really payed attention to the secondary. Its great that the people running this team are seeing the flaws the fans see instead of making excuses

With both Tony Lippett and McCain in their last year of their contracts and both F/A after the season, I can see both Davis and Armstrong being kept wether it's on the roster or on the practice squad remains to be seen? I'm guessing they will both get ample opportunities to show what they can do. McCray is another guy he's 240lbs can he play SAM LB?

Moten v Pittman should be interesting as they've got to be liking their odds looking at the roster. The K too (Piniero would've been nice). All kinds of cuts and signings will happen between now and game 1 but it's a numbers game in large part. I wouldn't be feeling real confident if I was a DE, for example.

I assume Denney will be playing for the next 30 years so I'd say Gravelle is the least likely to stick ... so that's something.

Pittman and McCray. McCray is a good football player who knows how to play just with mediocre speed. He's libel to help on ST, and be a fair backup. Pittman was productive most of his career at UCF and can clog the middle which we can use. IMHO he has a decent shot at the 5th DT slot, but DT can be one of the more difficult positions for rookies to adapt to in the NFL, so I'd bet he ends up on the PS.

Back
Top Bottom