Undrafted Free Agents

JohnDolphin73

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that a few players went undrafted:

Ernest Shazor - S
Brandon Browner - CB
Ben Wilkerson - QB

I hope these three sign with us ASAP. Does anyone have any other names that went undrafted that would have to possibility of signing with Miami?

If people had Ben Wilkerson on their board as a QB, I am not surprised he wasn't drafted

I feel like Shazor going undrafted is a problem. The guy made big hit after big hit at michigan and i just can't believe a 4.6 scared people away. i hope miami picks him up as a ufa. same goes for wilkerson. here is insiders take on shazor

Overall: Shazor redshirted in 2001 and played in defensive sub-packages and on special teams in 12 games as a redshirt freshman in 2002. He took over as a fulltime starting SS in 2003 and finished the year with 57 total tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, five passes broken up and two interceptions. Shazor led the Wolverines with 84 total tackles in 2004. He also had 10 tackles for loss, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. Shazor is much more in the mold of Thomas Davis (Georgia) and might also need to make a move to outside linebacker in the NFL  depending on the defensive philosophy of the team that drafts him. Regardless, Shazor is a hard-hitter and shows good range in run support. He has limitations in coverage but can be effective if protected underneath because he's intimidating with good ball skills. In our opinion, Shazor is the third rated safety prospect behind Davis and Brodney Pool (Oklahoma), and he should wind up coming off the board somewhere in the mid-to-late range of the second round.
Now that is just rediculous for him to be undrafted

I hope we get Browner, we need a CB for depth and Daniels will most likely move to FS

does anyone know any of the other available players who went undrafted? we could use a WR

nick19991 said:
does anyone know any of the other available players who went undrafted? we could use a WR

Ernest Shazor, SS, Michigan

Kay-Jay Harris, RB, West Virginia

Adam Bergen, TE, Lehigh

Reggie Harrell, WR, TCU

Will Matthews, FB, Texas

Jason White, QB, Oklahoma

Simon Fraser, DE, Ohio State

Marcus Randall, RB/WR, LSU

Jon Beutjer, QB, Illinois

James Butler, S, Georgia Tech

Matt McChesney, DT, Colorado

DeCori Birmingham, RB, Arkansas

Steve Fleming, TE, Arizona

Matt LoVecchio, QB, Indiana

C.J. Brooks, OL, Maryland

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8416158

Derek Wake is a bit rough around the edges but basically a giant mass of athleticism and potential. He would no doubt benefit from Seau. With the right coaching this guy could be a beast in either the 3-4 or the 4-3.

Some good talent still available should be exciting. Kay jay harris should get brought in and maybe be moved to fb, only problem with him is his age(somewhere around 26) i also like bergen at TE and hopefully we do get shazor that would be huge atleast for competion in camp.

The developmental QB should be Gino Guidugli.

Back
Top Bottom