Undrafted Rookie Wr Preston Williams Makes Explosive Preseason Debut For Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undrafted Rookie Wr Preston Williams Makes Explosive Preseason Debut For Dolphins

Lord I hope he doesn't have any off the field issues moving forward. He's definitely talented.

Miami needed to get a little lucky in terms of finding players, who are productive on game day, in order to speed up the rebuild. Preston Williams appears to just what the docter ordered. William's hands may be better than Oronde Gadsden, who I thought had great hands. William's made it look easy, and that's saying something, because non of the catches he made were of the easy variety. Perhaps luck is on Miami's side?

I was reading some of the negative comments on here about Williams whilst the game was going on. Comments like he was only playing against 3rd stringers and scrubs etc etc.
Not sure what logic was being used posting stuff like that. How was Williams supposed to play against those so called lesser players? To their level or worse? No, he played like a #1 WR which is a win/win. Some posters on here need to have a good look in the mirror and give their head a wobble because if a newbie comes in and lights it up with an outstanding performance (some of those catches were excellent btw) then the last thing anybody should be doing is making excuses as to why he IS playing well. Doesn't make any rational sense from a fans perspective. Comes across as a few posters expect or want him to fail. That's just poor and a little strange imho. Just enjoy the fact he's been put in a postion to play and he's showing he can play NOT 'oh he's playing against blah blah blah'. What else was he supposed to do?? Sorry but I had to get that out because comments like that annoyed me and made no sense.

Some people have to act like they're smarter than everyone and will just say the opposite of what's trending.

Miami needed to get a little lucky in terms of finding players, who are productive on game day, in order to speed up the rebuild. Preston Williams appears to just what the docter ordered. William's hands may be better than Oronde Gadsden, who I thought had great hands. William's made it look easy, and that's saying something, because non of the catches he made were of the easy variety. Perhaps luck is on Miami's side?

Crazy how many skills he showed off from just four catches. Physical, good at using that little innocuous looking push to get separation, diving contorting body catches, one handed catches, sideline awareness, catching the ball with a hand in between his arms. Always got up and kept running just in case he wasn’t touched. He looks hungry, and this team better feed him. Rosen certainly seems to already trust him a great deal. He needs that.

Did he do much blocking last night? Anyone catch how he fared in that regard?

Don't think Stills gets traded, it would look bad on Miami after the issue with Ross and would reflect poorly on us. Besides, Stills has always been a good guy and a favorite. My money is on Parker. I believe this is why Hurns was signed as we plan on being one WR short and need additional experience and depth.

If Flores truly believes in starting best players then Preston Williams should be starting week one. Hell, sounds like he's outplayed Parker and Stills anyways. I wouldn't be upset if we moved on from Parker or Stills. I just don't see those guys in our long term plans.

It will blow my freaking mind if Preston Williams isn't starting by at least week 4 or 5. We know what Parker will do, which is get hurt or disappoint.

76gvvrdf5ff31.jpg

Preston Williams - barring injury - made the 53 man roster last night
I think that's a foregone conclusion, I think he may crack the starting lineup. Another performance like that will seal the deal. He has been off the charts in practice and now did it in a game. The kid is talented...

I think that's a foregone conclusion, I think he may crack the starting lineup. Another performance like that will seal the deal. He has been off the charts in practice and now did it in a game. The kid is talented...

it doesn't actually matter if he earns a "start" on the stat sheet. he's shown that he can come down with the contested passes. that alone should get him playtime.

it doesn't actually matter if he earns a "start" on the stat sheet. he's shown that he can come down with the contested passes. that alone should get him playtime.
Been a while since we had a receiver that fought for a ball, that was good to see for a change.

Back
Top Bottom