Undrafted Rookie Wr Preston Williams Makes Explosive Preseason Debut For Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undrafted Rookie Wr Preston Williams Makes Explosive Preseason Debut For Dolphins

I don't believe in spending draft picks on guys with significant character concerns, so I ultimately removed Williams from my board, but his talent has always been obvious, and I loved picking him up as an UDFA. This is how I viewed him in late November:

We're seeing that it's harder for him to create separation vs NFL DB's, but I'd bet that he's still able to create some on in-breaking routes, and with his ability to track the ball and use his body, he doesn't need to separate as much as most WR's. His football IQ will likely determine how much playing time he sees in this offense, though.

https://finheaven.com/threads/wrs-to-give-a-fudge-about.351412/
Looks like a major talent, great body control with a huge catch radius

Agree with all this.

Excellent breakdown on your initial scouting report. You brought up everything i saw including the one concern of creating separation at this level.
It's obvious he can win the jump balls and other contested catches. But for long term success he's going to need to be able to get separation on some of these reception.
Everything can't be a highlight one handed, toe tap, out muscle, out jump everyone highlight reel.

We didn't see alot of the in-breaking routes so that will be telling. Although, if i going to be honest, I guessing it's going to look a lot like D.Parker. He doesn't create much seperation that way and is often tackled immediately short of the sticks.

Excellent breakdown on your initial scouting report. You brought up everything i saw including the one concern of creating separation at this level.
It's obvious he can win the jump balls and other contested catches. But for long term success he's going to need to be able to get separation on some of these reception.
Everything can't be a highlight one handed, toe tap, out muscle, out jump everyone highlight reel.

We didn't see alot of the in-breaking routes so that will be telling. Although, if i going to be honest, I guessing it's going to look a lot like D.Parker. He doesn't create much seperation that way and is often tackled immediately short of the sticks.

Thank you, Sir! Time will tell, but he does create a LOT of separation on the 1st route shown here. It ends up being a contested catch, because the QB is late getting him the ball.

I agree. This isn’t political mods, but if you look at the Patriots you just don’t see any of this drama, it’s all about team. They strictly forbid it. Yes it’s drama, not leadership or bravery, just drama that this team doesn’t need. This organization has had enough drama to last a lifetime. I say trade him too.

Other than having a serial killer playing tight end and a cheater as the face of the franchise at both quarterback and coach...

I haven't seen a WR play like that in preseason for the Phins for as long as I can remember. It's not just the production, it's the fact that nearly every catch was a highlight reel catch.

What a huge opportunity for this kid and for the Phins. Let's hope neither screws it up.

Maybe since Irving Fryar?

BM, KJ was taller and skinnier.

Back
Top Bottom