Undrafted Rookie Wr Preston Williams Makes Explosive Preseason Debut For Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undrafted Rookie Wr Preston Williams Makes Explosive Preseason Debut For Dolphins

Not the athlete josh Gordon is.

I don’t think Keyshawn played the ball in the air that well.

I think Brandon Marshall had better feet and maybe a little more fluid for separation.

Not sure what the comp is here. I guess Keyshawn with more ability to go get it in the air and use his body to his advantage makes sense. Athlete seems similar

All I know is I’m playing off on p Williams as mucb as tbe sticks allow me to. I’m not doing him any favors and getting in his hip so he can use that body on me at the catch point vertically.

Play off force him to show he can win in and out of cuts and rally to tackle. Don’t miss tackles

That's a helluva comparison.

I do wonder if he has matured mentally, lots of 5-Stars never really grow up.

I consider Keyshawn to be one of those guys that was a better collegiate player than pro.

Athlete at the pro level limited him imo

At least not a guy who lived up to his draft slot

I don't believe in spending draft picks on guys with significant character concerns, so I ultimately removed Williams from my board, but his talent has always been obvious, and I loved picking him up as an UDFA. This is how I viewed him in late November:

We're seeing that it's harder for him to create separation vs NFL DB's, but I'd bet that he's still able to create some on in-breaking routes, and with his ability to track the ball and use his body, he doesn't need to separate as much as most WR's. His football IQ will likely determine how much playing time he sees in this offense, though.

https://finheaven.com/threads/wrs-to-give-a-fudge-about.351412/
Good read on him, can't say I disagree with a single thing you said! :up:

You know the best thing I liked about Williams, other than his obvious talent. His old-school attitude. There was no beating the chest or trash-talking after those spectacular catches. It was just find the ref, give him the ball, and move on to the next play.

Good shout. There was no prime dona Idiotics. Just make the play and back to the huddle.

Domestic violence arrest + another arrest for harassing his ex afterward + no invite to the combine. Still, you’d think someone would take a flyer on him.

I’ve been cautiously optimistic on this guy based on camp reports. Wanted to see if he’d fall off the radar after pads came on. Nope, he absolutely balled out last night. I’m on the hype train now. He has a higher ceiling than DVP. That’s a fact.
I hope they take him.But I never trust a player with domestic violence in their past.

The most jaw-dropping play from Preston Williams’ explosive debut for the Miami Dolphins was planned out ahead of time. As the Dolphins went through warm-ups before their preseason-opener against the Atlanta Falcons at Hard Rock Stadium, Williams practiced a fade route down the left sideline, making sure to punctuate it with a one-handed catch with his left hand.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article233658607.html
I actually thought the toe drag was the most jaw-dropping catch from Preston. The other 3 were not too far behind. That was a performance I would have still been impressed with if it was Jerry Rice who made those catches.

How often does an undrafted WR get 4 catches worthy of being on a career highlight reel in their first half of action in their first preseason game?

He reminded me of Victor Cruz, in his first preseason game. The catches he made had nothing to due with who was guarding him. He attacks the ball, very hopeful for this kid.

Not the athlete josh Gordon is.

I don’t think Keyshawn played the ball in the air that well.

I think Brandon Marshall had better feet and maybe a little more fluid for separation.

Not sure what the comp is here. I guess Keyshawn with more ability to go get it in the air and use his body to his advantage makes sense. Athlete seems similar

Yea both Brandon and Josh got more twitch to their game but Preston's body control and timing looks good even if it was against backup players, Williams looks sub 4.6.

Looks like a major talent, great body control with a huge catch radius
No, he doesn't have a huge catch radius, but neither does Larry Fitzgerald, neither did Jerry Rice. It's overrated.

Preston has relatively short arms for a guy his size at 33 inches and small hands at 9 1/8.

He pretty much schooled everyone last night!

Boy did he. I expected big things from him in the game to start with, but still he impressed me.

He looked like a man among boys...It looked almost unfair.

Yea both Brandon and Josh got more twitch to their game but Preston's body control and timing looks good even if it was against backup players, Williams looks sub 4.6.

Minkah got smoked by the athlete in josh Gordon when they matched up. I’d like to see how he’d fare across from Preston Williams.

should be a starting WR day 1 ahead of butterfingers Stills

Back
Top Bottom