Unexpected Pick Of Round 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unexpected Pick Of Round 1

Phin_Phan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who do you think the most unexpected pick of round 1 was?? I have to say Mike Williams going to Detroit was very unexpected to me, I would have bet my life they would have picked Derrick Johnson.......or at least a defensive player.

It's not unexpected that Williams went in round 1, just unexpected about who picked him.......Im from Windsor which is right across from Detroit and they are easily my "2ND" favorite team and Im telling you they have 3 awesome WR's now: Charles Rogers (if healthy), Roy Williams and Mike Williams. quite the trio. They are a tiro to be reconed with.

I question the pick, but they have 3 geart WR's now.

I would say Ronnie Brown, Saban was so good he fooled me on the pick!

Who do you think the most unexpected pick of round 1 was?? I have to say Mike Williams going to Detroit was very unexpected to me, I would have bet my life they would have picked Derrick Johnson.......or at least a defensive player.

If you think about it Detroit now has the three best WRs from the 2002 college football season(IMO) with R.Williams, M.Williams, & C.Rogers. Fitz & Andre Johnson were 4 & 5 respectively.

Gotta be Logan Mankins....even though the New Englanders at ESPN can say no wrong about their Patsies...had the Phins taken Mankins it would have been a reach and they would have said "a terrible pick for Miami."

And I love how Kiper justifies it because they're the superbowl champs.... It was a reach SB champs or no. In my mind, the Pats are going downhill fast.

HysterikiLL said:
Logan Mankins, G, Fresno St. :/

That's an ARROGANT pick. The Patriots REAK of arrogance. That was an FU to the rest of the NFL pick. God i hate the Patriots. They think they can just pick any guy in the world and make him an All-Pro. I hope these picks start backfiring on them.

I can't see trading up to get Fabian Washington. Seems like I watched Nebraska every week and he never made enough plays or covered well enough to justify a first round slot. Buchanon was better than him.

Matt Jones taken by the Jaguars.

I would have taken Mark Clayton, who was still available when Jacksonville drafted him (Jones).

I give a tie to both Troy Williamson the South Carolina wideout picked by the Vikings and Matt Jones the large, fast option quarterback picked by Jacksonville.
On the Williamson pick I am surprised on many fronts. I was surprised that Minnesota did not make much of an effort to trade with us for the chance to pick Braylon Edwards. Also I am surprised on how they did not want Mike Williams. Even though Williamson is alleged to be fast(like 4.37 in the 40), I did not consider hin first round talent. I definitely had him rated way below Oklahoma's Mark Clayton, who went at pick 22.
As for Jones no player who is being converted from a quarterback to another posistion should ever be a first round pick. No matter what it is project, and non-playoff teams need to get a starting calibur clayer in the first round, not a project.

Back
Top Bottom