uniforms/attitude | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

uniforms/attitude

Truth

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the phins need new uniforms. they team attitude is not a winning one. jay needs to go. ray needs to start. mcknight gets on my nerves. sign michael westbrook or chris carter. offenseive line needs to be redone. nothing is wrong with lamar smith, every back has his bad year. jay is being gay, not to mention, greedy for someone who thorws 19 int's. and barry sanders, where did u go? why did u retire? please, the ravens defense hasnt played a back like u, come back and kick ass, just for one more season

Wow, now that is talent. I think you put 12 different opinions in one paragraph. I like it, no B.S. and get right to the point!! lol

Good post bro. I might not agree with some of it, but good post.

i try my best, still, where did barry sanders go? and with what dont u agree with?

IMO, I think one reason Barry Sanders retired was out of respect for Walter Payton. It was known that "Sweetness" had cancer and that Barry was quickly approaching the day he would pass Payton's all time rushing record. Barry retired 7/99 and Payton died 11/99. I think Barry wanted Payton to die knowing his record was intact.

MOST Yards Gained, Career
16,726 Walter Payton, Chicago, 1975-1987
15,269 Barry Sanders, Detroit, 1989-1998
15,166 Emmitt Smith, Dallas, 1990-2000

He also mentioned in his retirement speech that his heart wasn't in it anymore. I think he just wanted to play, but despised the business side of football. Also, I think I have heard that he has a close relationship with his dad, like Shaq has with his stepdad, and I think Barry's dad has some sort of control over his decisions. I don't have any proof to back that up. It is just what I believe has happened. In conclusion, I don't believe Barry will come back.

i really don't understand...............

Originally posted by miadphan13
IMO, I think one reason Barry Sanders retired was out of respect for Walter Payton. It was known that "Sweetness" had cancer and that Barry was quickly approaching the day he would pass Payton's all time rushing record. Barry retired 7/99 and Payton died 11/99. I think Barry wanted Payton to die knowing his record was intact.

MOST Yards Gained, Career
16,726 Walter Payton, Chicago, 1975-1987
15,269 Barry Sanders, Detroit, 1989-1998
15,166 Emmitt Smith, Dallas, 1990-2000

He also mentioned in his retirement speech that his heart wasn't in it anymore. I think he just wanted to play, but despised the business side of football. Also, I think I have heard that he has a close relationship with his dad, like Shaq has with his stepdad, and I think Barry's dad has some sort of control over his decisions. I don't have any proof to back that up. It is just what I believe has happened. In conclusion, I don't believe Barry will come back.
since sanders only had 9 years in and was still only 1500 yds behind payton, who was in for 12, why on earth did he all of a sudden decide retirement was the way to go?:confused:

Re: i really don't understand...............

Originally posted by dolfan06
since sanders only had 9 years in and was still only 1500 yds behind payton, who was in for 12, why on earth did he all of a sudden decide retirement was the way to go?:confused:

What do you not understand? I think he retired out of respect for Payton's family maybe because he idolized Payton and didn't want to break his record. Also, perhaps lack of desire towards the "business side" of football and out of the respect for his father's wishes not to continue. I think his father is overbearing and controlling of Barry's life. Once again, that last part about his father I heard, but I have no proof.

i dont really believe uniforms would help our team, maybe make us look good.

Back
Top Bottom