Uniforms discussion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uniforms discussion

ronniebrown321

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why is it we still havent gotten a uniform upgrade of some kind? were probably the plainest team in the league with the white jerseys. WHy not make the orange jerseys our permant uniforms with orange socks, it looks so much better. Our helmets are fine but we need to change our uniform, who is for the orange uniforms permanent?

I think we have one of the best uniforms out there. They got it right the first time, why change perfection?

Why is it we still havent gotten a uniform upgrade of some kind? were probably the plainest team in the league with the white jerseys. WHy not make the orange jerseys our permant uniforms with orange socks, it looks so much better. Our helmets are fine but we need to change our uniform, who is for the orange uniforms permanent?

Probably b/c they don't need to change uniforms. Do you think the organization cares about looking "plain"? It's about winning games, not a beauty contest amongst hundreds of men.

IDK about you guys,but I like our jerseys as they are...teal(....baby blue) is my favorite color

Our uniforms are great. They really fit the South Florida theme. Besides, if we went to orange jerseys, we'd look to much like the Canes, not that that's a bad thing.

This wont end well. Just remember our T.O.S. Finheavener's, attack the post not the poster!

u must be blind than

:bobdole:

Did you mean to say, "You must be be blind then" ?

If so, then the answer is no. The Dolphins uniform has been tweeked a few times in the past but the changes were subtle. It is easily one of the most recognized uniforms out there and I do not see any reason to change it. The orange uniform is fun once in a while but it makes the team look more like the Miami Hurricanes IMO.

PLAIN???? THEY WEAR FREAKIN' AQUA AND ORANGE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Every off-season multiple times this topic comes up and i don't see why this comes up all the time. I don't see anything wrong with our uniforms. Tradition needs to stay in the game. Lets not follow the path of the commissioner and go away from the tradition of the NFL. I do think we need to wear our throwbacks more often. Its been to long since those have been out.

Teams rich in tradition don't stray far from their classic look. Let's examine further...

The premiere teams in this league historically(SB wins and playoff appearances):

Pittsburgh Steelers- uniform has undergone virtually no changes. Numbering has changed, and they reintroduced that ugly throwback.

Dallas Cowboys: There have been minor variations to the same theme throughout the teams history

San Fran 49ers: They switched it up a bit in the late 90s as we did, but they're back to their classic look.

Washington Redskins: From their inception, they have had many different looks. From a burgundy helmet with a feather up the back, to the brief Lombardi era yellow helmet, to the arrow, to their current look. Their current look is their historic look, however, which they won all 3 of their rings in.

Green Bay Packers: Obvious. No changes. Never will be.

Colts, Bears, Saints, Eagles, Browns: Not many accolades to their names, save the Colts and Saints of late, but all of these teams uni changes have been minimum

Dolphins: yes, we updated in the late 90s to a more modern look. Could we rock a striping scheme similar to the Broncos, Panthers, Chargers, or Vikings? Sure. But a uni re-design costs $$$$.

Teams that have undergone major uni changes:

Seattle Seahawks: Their logo was modernized, and their colors completely changed from grass green, royal blue, and silver, to neon green, "storm" blue, and navy. They had no rich history in their old unis though.

Tampa Bay: Obvious. One of worst franchises in history until they went from Creamsicle to pewter and red.

Vikings: Not that big of change really. Modernized their striping, colors remain the same

Lions: haha. how many different uniforms in the last decade? 3? and we all know their story.

Falcons: modernized logo, colors remain the same.

Broncos: perplexing a bit, but Elway never won in the orange crush. He won two in their current uni, which probably won't change

Bills: went to navy. can't blame them. How many SBs did they lose?

Cardinals: same colors, new uni. New results

If the Dolphins change their uni, they should eliminate dark blue (an overused color in the NFL- 8 teams), but I think simplicity is best. Straight lines are more intimidating than curved lines.

u must be blind than

Why? Cause he doesn't think like you? Well I agree with him so you look wrong from where I'm sitting. I could stomach a change from ornge to navy blue jersey for the few Monday night home games.

Orange full time? Uh... NO!

I like plain old white just like I like my ice cream "vanilla".....does Penn State need any color to make them a good team?....hell no. I like the uniforms we wore back in 1972, so lets not change anything.

Back
Top Bottom