Unit By Unit Grades Post Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unit By Unit Grades Post Draft

You think we were close to earning a playoff spot last year. Sir, you are delusional.

he just said statistically. and everyone mentions how we feasted on a weak schedule in 2016, we had the highest strength of schedule in the AFC last year.being outscored by 112 over the season still sucks tho

Saw "C" grades for the first 4 categories including for a coach that got us to the play-offs year one and manage some wins in year two after losing a starting QB. I didn't even bother to read beyond that.
The thing that got me Is, a couple of the group's listed at C grades were deemed "above average". A C is average in my mind, a B is above average. So I too stopped reading.

The thing that got me Is, a couple of the group's listed at C grades were deemed "above average". A C is average in my mind, a B is above average. So I too stopped reading.
Not in my version. But average, or even just below average, isn't always terrible. Our o-line has been in the bottom 5 or 6 for years. Who wouldn't take average?

Not in my version. But average, or even just below average, isn't always terrible. Our o-line has been in the bottom 5 or 6 for years. Who wouldn't take average?
It's all opinions at this point but when you have grades of A-F I don't see how C wouldn't be the average considering it's in the middle. (Also, I saw that you materialized an E grade which is curious)

But again, this is just bored offseason stuff. Once TC and Preseason start then we can get some merit behind these inklings.

FO - F: Too many bad signings either because of lack of talent or bad contacts - Suh, Alonso, Maxwell, stills, branch were all overpaid. Julius Thomas, Timmons, Cutler and countless other FA over the time this FO has been in place = BAD

Coaching - C: Overachieved in year one with mediocre talent, but we didn't see much growth from players in year two. Couldn't get players to buy in (Ajayi, Landry, Maxwell etc.) Developed Kenyan drake into good RB but took too long to give him a shot. Having Damian Williams playing ahead of Drake is a fire-able offense

OL - C (for now) Too many unknows. Unknown if Sitton and Kilgore will do well here. Unknown if Tunsil will get better at LT or if James will be better than last year. Unknown who will start at the other Guard spot.

DL: B - Solid players in Quinn, Wake and guy that thinks mermaids are real (can't recall his name) Harris "should" be better this year and the DT I believe will do their jobs.

WR - D: Parker is the headliner of this unit and we don't know if he can stay healthy or put a good year together. Amandola is above average and will probably still be that (at least for one year) Wilson is an unknown at this point. He doesn't have the history of production as an amendola so he's more of a ? to me. Still is ok, but he needs others around him to be good in order for him to produce.

CB - C+: Solid young group of corners. Many are still unproven but I think if the passrush is solid his unit will be solid. If the pass rush struggles I'm not sure if this unit has the experience to chase WR for too long.

Safety - B: Jones is Solid. Fitzpatrick will be the difference of this grade being a B or a C-: We know that Jones and McDonald playing together didn't work well so if Fitz doesn't win the job this unit will struggle. No real backups in injuries happen.

RB: B: could be an A if Drake gets a little better than he was last year and Ballage ends up giving us something. Gore is going to do what he does no question about it. Solid unit.

LB - D: Kiko is not very good to me and everyone else is unproven. They'll have to show me.

QB: C-: Tannehill was average to above average before he tore his ligament. I know there are mitigating factors in play with that but numbers are numbers. IF he can come back and play where he left off in 2016 and stay healthy this grade will upgrade to a C+. Oswieler is young enough to possibly get better and so is petty. So I'm ok here. But if Tannehill gets hurt again.... it will be bad.

There is only one aspect of Cutler's game you can absolutely count on, he will be wildly inconsistent.

he just said statistically. and everyone mentions how we feasted on a weak schedule in 2016, we had the highest strength of schedule in the AFC last year.being outscored by 112 over the season still sucks tho

Does anyone ever bring up other teams that made the playoff that too "feasted on a weak schedule?" Moreover, does anyone ever bring up when we've had "weak" schedules and STILL didn't make the playoffs?

You PLAY the schedule you're given.

Does anyone ever bring up other teams that made the playoff that too "feasted on a weak schedule?" Moreover, does anyone ever bring up when we've had "weak" schedules and STILL didn't make the playoffs?

You PLAY the schedule you're given.

yes you play the schedule you are given. but I was just pointing out that people are talking about how weak of a schedule we played in 2016 so using that to downplay Tannehill and Gase...IN THIS POST..... IN THESE RANKINGS...., I was just saying you cant knock him for weak schedule and then not mention how we somehow won the few games we did last year with the hardest schedule in the AFC and a lot of key injuries. the entire statistically playoffs or whatever was not my comment, I was just correcting because the poster was saying stats wise it was similar to a playoff team I guess, he didn't say the product that we put on the field was

Basically this offense is Tannehill or bust.

The defense is top 12 pass defensed or bust.

Also, never has the special teams concerned me more...Yes?

yes you play the schedule you are given. but I was just pointing out that people are talking about how weak of a schedule we played in 2016 so using that to downplay Tannehill and Gase...IN THIS POST..... IN THESE RANKINGS...., I was just saying you cant knock him for weak schedule and then not mention how we somehow won the few games we did last year with the hardest schedule in the AFC and a lot of key injuries. the entire statistically playoffs or whatever was not my comment, I was just correcting because the poster was saying stats wise it was similar to a playoff team I guess, he didn't say the product that we put on the field was

Oh okay, then I misunderstood your position. Your thoughts are my thoughts exactly!

I really do think Tannehill is not built to have an offense ran through him. We've tried that with many systems.

He's proven he's best when he NOT the featured player. If Tannehills throwing more than 35 times a game, it's most possibly an L.

Coaching B

The fact that Adam Gase won 6 games WITH ( a retired) Jay Cutler after losing his QB before the season started makes me raise the grade a bit. He also did it with really bad ex-Philbin coaches including one who went off the deep end and was snorting coke at the facility that brought out a national media storm type distraction.

The Green Bay Packers had Aaron Rodgers for 7 games and finished the season with just 1 more win than Miami.

In the US, Grades are A, B, C, D and F. I am not sure if I ever saw a grade in school that was an E? That is why it was a little confusing. A grade of C has always been average. If you got a D or an F you were failing.

Honestly Kilgore is just a serviceable replacement at center there is a reason why San Fran wanted to upgrade the position. pouncey was just A matter of time with the hip issue. Always felt he was overrated...but Kilgore is not an upgrade to a healthy pouncey.

That's funny, going into 2016 we had one of the "toughest" schedules in the league. Injuries happen, teams decline over the season for a bunch of reasons. Also, if we hadn't won all those games, a lot of those teams would've finished with an extra win, and who knows if that could've been a Turing point for their season.
We needed OT to beat the BROWNS
We needed a kick off return to beat the JETS
We needed a Last second pick six to beat the Chargers
We Played against Goff in his first start ever and didnt score a point until we had 4 minutes left in the game
We needed 3 missed FGs to beat the bills in our last game of the season

add to that,

We lost to a brady-less pats in the beginning of the season
We lost poorly to the Bengals, Titans, ravens and the pats the 2nd time we played them
We started slowly in EVERY GAME and that carried over into lat year

We beat 1 team with a winning record and that took a 200 yard rushing game.

We are and were no wear near close. This season we should do better than last if only because we caught another easy looking schedule.

I like this draft and on paper OP is right in that our DTs look to be the strength of the team. we have 1 unit that i grade as a B.

Back
Top Bottom