United States vs. Belgium thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

United States vs. Belgium thread

What rate do you think that I think it's growing at? It's a slow process but it is happening and it will continue.

You mention concussions just as easily in soccer and while this might be true, the fact is, perception IS reality for a lot of people.

If parents aren't reading and hearing of concussions in soccer, then concussions just aren't happening in soccer.
I think the main thing Junc is trying to get at is that its no time soon that soccer will really be relevant in the US as a full time
major sport. Will it happen? I'm sure it will get past Hockey at some point within a decade or so, but I think it's still a pretty long
haul. As you say, it's about incrimentals, I just don't see sportstalk radio talking about MLS with regularity any time soon.

I think that will come out, I was reading one of the famous women's players saying kids shouldn't head the ball. I think as soccer becomes more popular the concussion stuff will come out.

I don't know the rate of growth, certainly it took a major leap this WC but the WC is special. can they roll any of that over to MLS? I know there are some great soccer cities like Seattle and KC but can that happen in other places?
There's no concussions in soccer because soccer doesn't have deep pockets.

I think that will come out, I was reading one of the famous women's players saying kids shouldn't head the ball. I think as soccer becomes more popular the concussion stuff will come out.

And I thought you were bad talking about the nfl junk.

I don't know the rate of growth, certainly it took a major leap this WC but the WC is special. can they roll any of that over to MLS? I know there are some great soccer cities like Seattle and KC but can that happen in other places?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mylestanzer/the-world-cup-bump-is-real-mls-streaming-subscriptions-are-u

There ya go. Agree with Cane about it growing. You may argue this happens eveyr world cup, BUT social media also wasn't what it was in 2010 as compared to now. Not to mention the younger generations including myself are showing more and more interest in soccer. I have been a fan of the game since I was 15 (following the sport internationally) and played from 4-15. The sport is growing and while the older generations are hesitant, people have to accept it.

we hear that EVERY World Cup. Remember this?
spr19940704-1.jpg
That was 20 years ago. we heard it w/ pele, we heard it in '94, '98, '02, '06, the Donovan goal in '10 and we'll hear it about '14. It is a novelty right now and it is all about Country not the game, when people start watching and spending big money to watch MLS we'll know it's getting big. Right now it's not, it's like Michael Phelps. people care during the Olympics, forget once it is over. No one is talking soccer anymore already since the US was eliminated. the WC final will be big b/c it is a huge global event but once that is over soccer will be back down where it has always been in this Country. It is growing but again until non WC games start getting attention it won't be real growth. and I disagree w/ your excitement comment. sure there aren't commercials but there's a stoppage every 2 minutes for acting, half the game the players away from the ball are walking. It is a borefest. Our best athletes play football and basketball, until they start playing soccer we won't win and we won't care outside of the WC.

Growth does not happen over night. the fact is that kids play soccer increasinlgly over the last 20 years. These kids will have or have kids on their own and they too will start playing soccer. With all that fanship grows.
It is also a fact that US fans was the largest fanbase outside Brazil to attend the WC. This year was also the first time where fanfests were held all over the US and were packed. IF you tried to get into a sports bar you needed to be there early there because the bars were standing room only.

MLS keeps growing and with that the fan base.

You should do yourself (avoiding embarrassement) and us (having to read your bs) a favor and just leave. I am sure your employer would appreciate as well if you put a little bit work in.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mylestanzer/the-world-cup-bump-is-real-mls-streaming-subscriptions-are-u

There ya go. Agree with Cane about it growing. You may argue this happens eveyr world cup, BUT social media also wasn't what it was in 2010 as compared to now. Not to mention the younger generations including myself are showing more and more interest in soccer. I have been a fan of the game since I was 15 (following the sport internationally) and played from 4-15. The sport is growing and while the older generations are hesitant, people have to accept it.

It's growing, just not at the rate many soccer fans think.

soccer ended yesterday, it slowed down considerably after the US lost. we'll see you in 4 years.

Growth does not happen over night. the fact is that kids play soccer increasinlgly over the last 20 years. These kids will have or have kids on their own and they too will start playing soccer. With all that fanship grows.
It is also a fact that US fans was the largest fanbase outside Brazil to attend the WC. This year was also the first time where fanfests were held all over the US and were packed. IF you tried to get into a sports bar you needed to be there early there because the bars were standing room only.

MLS keeps growing and with that the fan base.

You should do yourself (avoiding embarrassement) and us (having to read your bs) a favor and just leave. I am sure your employer would appreciate as well if you put a little bit work in.

That cover was from TWEBTY years ago, that's not overnight. we have ben hearing about the growth of soccer for a lot longer than that too.

MLS keeps expanding, don't confuse that w/ growth. there are 2-3 excellent fanbases, other than that there's not much going on. No one watches it, the tickets are dirt cheap and that is the main reason anyone goes. we have a tiny stadium that is brand new just across the river for the red Bulls, their attendance stinks and no one pays attention to them.

Now the Yanks have partnered up w/a team so it will get attention and we'll see some folks fill the building early then it will become irrelevant again.

I work in sports my friend, soccer doesn't register a blip and we have tried to get into it. Thank you for your concerns though.

I love whiny soccer fans, they can't just enjoy the game. They have to shove it down the throats of everyone else.

It's growing, just not at the rate many soccer fans think.

soccer ended yesterday, it slowed down considerably after the US lost. we'll see you in 4 years.

That cover was from TWEBTY years ago, that's not overnight. we have ben hearing about the growth of soccer for a lot longer than that too.

MLS keeps expanding, don't confuse that w/ growth. there are 2-3 excellent fanbases, other than that there's not much going on. No one watches it, the tickets are dirt cheap and that is the main reason anyone goes. we have a tiny stadium that is brand new just across the river for the red Bulls, their attendance stinks and no one pays attention to them.

Now the Yanks have partnered up w/a team so it will get attention and we'll see some folks fill the building early then it will become irrelevant again.

I work in sports my friend, soccer doesn't register a blip and we have tried to get into it. Thank you for your concerns though.

I love whiny soccer fans, they can't just enjoy the game. They have to shove it down the throats of everyone else.

:lol:
a) you ain't working at all. You may be at work.
b) if someone like you works in sports 'oh holy crap'
What are you doing? Cleaning the locker rooms?

Back
Top Bottom