University of Louisville on ESPN.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

University of Louisville on ESPN.com

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
This post kinda fits in the college football forum, even though the article covers other college sports as well. Just a nice little article about what's going on at my alma mater. Big things. I think U of L will be pulling up a seat at the big boy's table pretty soon. I fully expect the '07 - '08 football and basketball teams to each finish in the top 10 this year. That would be for the second time ('04 - '05 was the first). All this on half the budget of the big boys. And what's impressive is it is athletic department wide, not just the major revenue sports. The article doesn't even mention women's volleyball which has been a constant top 20 team for more than a decade or the quickly improving golf program.

I have my name in for season football tickets when the expansion of Papa John's is completed. Even with the new downtown arena, unfortunately basketball tickets will still be hard to come by...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colu...0959&sportCat=ncb&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

This post kinda fits in the college football forum, even though the article covers other college sports as well. Just a nice little article about what's going on at my alma mater. Big things. I think U of L will be pulling up a seat at the big boy's table pretty soon. I fully expect the '07 - '08 football and basketball teams to each finish in the top 10 this year. That would be for the second time ('04 - '05 was the first). All this on half the budget of the big boys. And what's impressive is it is athletic department wide, not just the major revenue sports. The article doesn't even mention women's volleyball which has been a constant top 20 team for more than a decade or the quickly improving golf program.

I have my name in for season football tickets when the expansion of Papa John's is completed. Even with the new downtown arena, unfortunately basketball tickets will still be hard to come by...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colu...0959&sportCat=ncb&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

I am glad for your team and all, But not every team has a budget like the Gators do. There are very few schools in the country like Florida and more are like Louisville when it comes to budget.

I am glad for your team and all, But not every team has a budget like the Gators do. There are very few schools in the country like Florida and more are like Louisville when it comes to budget.

I think you're missing the point of the article. U of L is doing more with less. Louisville's budget is around $40 million. I did a quick search of the internet for other school's budgets and here is what I came up with:

Tennessee = $65 million (2005)
Michigan = $76 million (est. for 2007)
Ohio State = $98 million (est. for 2007)
Texas = $82 million (2005-2006)
Kentucky = $62.7 million (2007-2008)

So you see, what U of L is doing compared to the schools with larger budgets is very impressive. That's what the article is saying.

I know the article doesn't mean anything to anyone else, because I'm pretty much the only Cardinal fan on the board, but hey I still want to toot my own horn so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom