University of Louisville Spring Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

University of Louisville Spring Game

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to the story:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070421/SPORTS02/704210517

I was at the game and here's a short run down:

Red - defense
White - offense

Scoring:

Offense: TD = 6 pts, extra point = 1, field goal = 3
defense: stop = 2 pts, three and out = 3, turnover = 6, TO returned for TD = 7

Pregame:
Moment of silence for the Virginia Tech victims.
Cardinal Marching Band played Virginia Tech's Alma Mater, it was very classy.
National Anthem was next

Offense notes:
First team offense looked flat most of the game, I think the defense had a lot to do with that.

There were alot more short passes and reverses than Petrino used to run. Brohm's passing stats could be outragious next year.

WR Harry Douglas will set Big East receiving records next year. Teams won't be able to double cover Urrutia any longer. When they finally settle on the slot reciever, the slot will have huge games.

3 of the 4 INTs were Brohm's fault. I don't know where he was throwing the ball.

Defense notes:
I don't know how its possible, but after lossing Okoye, Harris, Brown, et al. The defense actually got FASTER. The were playing alot faster than the offense. Their speed vs. Slaton and White should be fun to watch.

The D-line is deep. Losing Okoye won't matter that much. Once Willie Williams is added to the LB core, they will have the best front 7 in the BE.

The secondary still needs a little work, but once Turene comes it they should jell nicely and be a decent unit.

DE "Peanut" Whitehead is a monster. He's going to wreck some backfields this coming season. I'm so glad he picked U of L over Auburn.

Good preview of whats to come. WVU looked pretty sloppy on offense, which suprised the heck out of me in there spring game. Look for WVU to line up in some crazy formations next season. Owen Schmitt our FB at TE for some plays, Pat white at WR, and jarret brown at QB...

Their speed vs. Slaton and White should be fun to watch.

Dont forget about Noel Devine:wink:

Willie Williams and Woodny didn't play? I dunno what the deal is, do freshman/incoming play in the game?

I really like the defense this year. Whitehead is going to be unbelievable. I read an article on him the other day and the reporter said he's like Reggie White on slimfast. I really think that he'll grow into his body and be one of the best in the nation.

It sounds like Brohm didn't have a good game? Spring doesn't really matter though.

Willie Williams and Woodny didn't play? I dunno what the deal is, do freshman/incoming play in the game?

I really like the defense this year. Whitehead is going to be unbelievable. I read an article on him the other day and the reporter said he's like Reggie White on slimfast. I really think that he'll grow into his body and be one of the best in the nation.

It sounds like Brohm didn't have a good game? Spring doesn't really matter though.

Williams and Turenne are still enrolled in their respective JC's. They won't be here until the summer. They've got to finish out their semesters first.

As far as Brohm goes, he didn't have a good game, but there's nothing to worry about. The offense has been eating the defense alive in practice all spring. They have around 60% of the playbook installed and Kargthorpe scaled that back for the spring game so they don't give anything away. They barely ran the ball. The defense was looking for pass the entire night.

There's going to be an element of surprise for the BE teams this year. The offense is going to keep defenses guessing all year. Brohm was under pressure all game, the D-line is very good and deep. They were rotating bodies in and out the entire game. Teams are going to have to throw the ball this year against us. I seriously doubt most teams are going to be able to run the ball consistently. The run defense against Slaton/White of WVU should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom