Unofficial Game Thread- Dolphins @ Texans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unofficial Game Thread- Dolphins @ Texans

No better test of Martin than JJ Watt, quite frankly this should be a good judgement test of the whole O line as their D line is quite ferocious

Does a preseason win count since we've never beaten them?

This is not really a win or loss situation but more of a personnel judgement. A good show of being able to contain Houston's pass rush/run stop will help alleviate fears that Tannehill will be constantly pressured and can the Dolphins run with authority vs. a good up front defense

Do you think Egnew is better than Miller?

I believe he has more talent, and will make the team over Miller. We shall see if he shows that talent consistently in the next couple of weeks. His improvement in blocking has shown me that he is looking to improve, as is so true of many players in this new Philbin era.

Coach does have player's attention.

I will take any win against them. We have never beaten them in any game regular or preseason.
Every game against Houston is important until we get a win.

Watching the Pats first couple games, the thing that strikes you on the TD drives with their starters is the time Brady is allowed. He is smart and accurate, no doubt, but he gets to stand there a looooong time. We must find a way to get that kind of protection for our young QB. It's imperative.

What I will be looking out for...

I wanna see if Jonas gray gets any run with the 1s in the first half on short yardage or goal line...I think he will and I think goal line has become his gig...

Lance Louis will he play???

Will yeatman...maybe the best athlete on the oline...very good feet moves well...how does he fare as he's the only left tackle other option in house...

Bryan tyms....

I wanna key Brent grimes...

Rg whoever plays it...

Chad bumphis...will they press him??? I doubt it...likely only gonna see it next week

Rishard Matthews...it's showcase time son...

Mike Wallace...just so I can get the feel again that Dcs get watching his speed on tape...

Michael egnew...any run against guys who will play on Sundays???

Aj Francis...been flashing for me on the inside...

Koa misi...get the starting solb job back???

Jon Martin...facing speed and power today...how will he look

I think we will have the worst quarter of fball with Corp playing in the 4th. Tonight is about how well our one's compete with the Texans. Should be interesting.

I thought Corp was cut? I really see no advantage to wasting a 1/4 of football playing scrubs.
They should play RT and the starters into the 3rd quarter, and finish up with Moore.
We need to see the one's for an extended period. They haven't done much this preseason.

I will take any win against them. We have never beaten them in any game regular or preseason.
Every game against Houston is important until we get a win.

THE SERIES (PRESEASON)

SERIES RECORD: Miami leads 1-0
AT MIAMI: Teams are tied 0-0
AT HOUSTON: Dolphins lead 1-0
LAST MEETING: 2002 at Houston; Dolphins 24, Texans 3
HISTORY LESSON: The teams met in the next-to-last preseason game in 2002, but it happened to be the expansion Texans’ first-ever game at Reliant Stadium after an appearance in the Hall of Fame Game and two road contests. The Dolphins, though, didn’t cooperate in making this a memorable Reliant debut. They scored touchdowns on their first two drives and completely shut down the Houston offense to the tune of 152 total yards allowed, with five sacks (including two by defensive end Adewale Ogunleye) and two interceptions (including one by 2001 first-round pick Jamar Fletcher).

I thought Corp was cut? I really see no advantage to wasting a 1/4 of football playing scrubs.
They should play RT and the starters into the 3rd quarter, and finish up with Moore.
We need to see the one's for an extended period. They haven't done much this preseason.

We resigned him due to Devlin being hurt

What I will be looking out for...

I wanna see if Jonas gray gets any run with the 1s in the first half on short yardage or goal line...I think he will and I think goal line has become his gig...

Lance Louis will he play???

Will yeatman...maybe the best athlete on the oline...very good feet moves well...how does he fare as he's the only left tackle other option in house...

Bryan tyms....

I wanna key Brent grimes...

Rg whoever plays it...

Chad bumphis...will they press him??? I doubt it...likely only gonna see it next week

Rishard Matthews...it's showcase time son...

Mike Wallace...just so I can get the feel again that Dcs get watching his speed on tape...

Michael egnew...any run against guys who will play on Sundays???

Aj Francis...been flashing for me on the inside...

Koa misi...get the starting solb job back???

Jon Martin...facing speed and power today...how will he look

Look forward to your run down, especially on Matthews. I do think that Misi is a lock.

Is jamar Taylor gonna play??? I'd love to see our 2nd round pick at some point

Is jamar Taylor gonna play??? I'd love to see our 2nd round pick at some point

He is due to play, not sure how well he will do though, seems to be well behind

Im interested to see Matthews, Egnew, Martin and Wallace tonight. Also AJ francis at DT is a player that interests me .... Hope he gets onto the ps

tannehill is all that matters. i know the protection has been spotty at best, but you heard philbin say on the sxm training camp interview that tanny needs to play faster - meaning recognize the defense and get rid of the ball, and to be more accurate. i think accuracy is kind of like speed, you either have it or you dont. i think you can anticipate throws and improve a little but ryan is never going to be drew brees.

im really discouraged thus far after watching alot of preseason games to see where we are offensively compared to other nfl teams. you can clearly see the players that have made progress and to me we look the same as last year. im hoping to see aynthing tonight that indicates progress from the prior 2 games.

Back
Top Bottom