~*~* Unofficial Monday Night Football Thread WEEK 7 *~*~ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

~*~* Unofficial Monday Night Football Thread WEEK 7 *~*~

It's halftime and shockingly the Browns are leading the Giants 17-14. It would be 17-7 if not for a last minute TD by the Giants. Sure glad I didn't bet on this game.

Gerris Wilkinson on the Giants defense went down with an injury earlier in the game and his return is questionable. It will be interesting to see how this effects their D if he is out for an extended time but as for this game it doesn't really matter because the Giants are getting beat all over the field. Derek Anderson is looking like himself now that he has another weapon with Daunte Stallworth returning. So far Anderson has 11/18 Att, 225 PaYds, 1 PaTD and 0 INT.

Eli Manning is looking like he may be trying to play through a hurt or sore arm because he is looking off. I won't be surprised if he has another interception before the game is over. He has 12/18 Att, 141 PaYds, 1 PaTD and 1 INT.

Time for me to get some more beer and snacks.:beer1::woot:

Wow I thought maybe this thread would have been a lot more popular. Aside from a couple of people it has just been me here. It looks more like a Liveblog. :lol:

Hopefully someone will read this later and it won't get deleted.

Browns INT. Well I called that one. I didn't think Eli would throw another pick so soon though. If he keeps this up he may need to sit for a few possessions.

Giants defense shows a little bit of life and holds the Browns to just a FG. That keeps the game within one score at 20-14. Browns will have to do better than that if they want to win this game.

Manning had men draped all over him and goes down for the sack hard. That won't help that injured arm any.

Side note: I was a fan of Brandon Jacobs before he was drafted and I'm glad he's doing well in the NFL. Very agile for such a big man.

This is a surprisingly good game.

You are right. Brandon Jacobs is like trying to tackle a bowling ball. He just rolls over people but yet he can dance around defenders to get to the hole. It's fun to watch him work. Tiki Barber is not missed in New York I don't believe.

As for the Browns, they are keeping this game close with all these penalties and droppes passes. If they could just hold onto the ball and quit making mental errors then they could break this game wide open. This is why they are 1-4.

This is one ugly drive by the Browns. Those penalty flags are going to be green by the time this drive is over.

Just think, for 3 seasons Jacobs was the third string RB at Auburn behind Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown. That has to be the greatest RB depth in college history :lol:

Anderson looks good tonight. Quinn will be sitting for a few games longer.

Edwards for the TD! He actually looks alive tonight...finally.

Browns Penalty Meter is at 8.

Browns TOUCHDOWN! This time it was off yet another Manning INT. Score is now 33-14. Eric Wright returns the interception 94 yards for the TD. They need to sit Eli now. He is obviously playing hurt and is forcing things.

I'm going for the upset. Browns win by 3 points.
I wish I put my bank account on this game. I should look for work in Vegas.

Manning is still a mediocre QB in the regular season. He's had a nice postseason last year (though honestly his defense did more damage than his offense), but all his years in the regular season he has been throwing more INT's every year.

Plus his career completion % is still 55-56%. Not a very accurate QB. He shows flashes of greatness at times, but he still hasn't been able to keep it consistent.

I was waiting for this bad game to happen by him. It's just what I've been seeing throughout his career.

Cleveland goes for the two point conversion and gets it. That gives them the three touchdown lead over the Giants with the score 35-14. I know Cleveland was talking trash before the game and thought they could upset the Giants but I don't think even they thought they would do this well.

Back
Top Bottom