~*~*Unofficial Monday Night Football Thread Week 7~*~* | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

~*~*Unofficial Monday Night Football Thread Week 7~*~*

Denver getting penalties left and right. This is one ugly game. Insult to injury was Cutler was sacked to bring up 4th and 23.

Put this one in the books. New England wins in a blowout over Denver 41-7. The Patriots will improve to 4-2 and are still challenging the Buffalo Bills for the top of the AFC East. Denver will fall to 4-3 and are only one game ahead of the Chargers in the AFC West. Matt Cassel had a career day with a quarterback rating of 136.3. He posted 18/24 PaAtt, 185 PaYds, 3 PaTD and 0 INT. Wes Welker had 6 receptions for 63 yards and 1 ReTD. He is now the franchise reception leader with 112. Randy Moss finally showed up and hauled in 2 ReTD on 5 catches with 69 ReYds.

Sammy Morris left the game with an injury but was able to run all over the Denver defense on his way to racking up 138 RuYds on 16 carries and 1 RuTD. New England finsihed the game with over 250 yards rushing. On Denver's side of the ball, Jay Cutler was injured as well but did return to the game. He posted average numbers finishing with 17/26 PaAtt, 168 PaYds and 1 PaTD but 2 INT. Denver just couldn't get anything going and that included Michael Pittman. He ended with 20 carries for 88 RuYds. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal where targeted but did not post large numbers. Marshall had 6 receptions for 77 ReYds and Royal ended with 9 receptions for 71 ReYds. The only touchdown was by Daniel Graham.

That does it for this week of the Unofficial Monday Night Football Thread. I'll be holding a poll to see if I should continue this or if I am just polluting the boards :lol:

Next Week:

IND_logo50x50-1.gif
vs.
TEN_logo50x50-1.gif

The Indianapolis Colts (3-3) taking on the last remaining undefeated team in the NFL, the Tennessee Titans (6-0)

See you next...
clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom