Up for discussion... Advertising on the forums | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up for discussion... Advertising on the forums

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Well, I'm posting this and then going to bed.

Ever since the message boards were created, I've limited advertisement to the fan store and tickets. Even then, they ads were "built in" to the design.

However, recently I've been pondering whether I should change my strategy.

It is now possible to only show advertisements to those users not logged in (lurkers) or to just registered users. Premium members would not view any advertisements.

A rival AFC East site, BillsZone, implements such a thing. The amount of extra revenue this brings in is unsure at this moment, however, seeing that the forums are the busiest thing on the site... I would expect a little bit of extra cash.

The advertisement would probably be a 468x60 site (the larger of the two ads on the main page).

So, what do you guys think? Would you be opposed to this solution? Let me know. I have personally been against the idea for some time, but I personally believe it will be best for the site... :cool:

Sincerely,
AJ

Go for it, small price to pay to visit the best forums avail to dolphins fans.

As long as you stay away from popups, that would annoy the bejesus out visitors and members. :lol:

The banner ads would be small, in my opinion. Additionally, there would NEVER be any pop ups. If I can't stand it... then I don't want it.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

... and Matt, there isn't a mock up yet. However, it would be directly in the header... most likely right below the blue bar. It would fit the color scheme... so it would kinda blend in nicely.

FinHeavenAJ said:
The banner ads would be small, in my opinion. Additionally, there would NEVER be any pop ups. If I can't stand it... then I don't want it.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

... and Matt, there isn't a mock up yet. However, it would be directly in the header... most likely right below the blue bar. It would fit the color scheme... so it would kinda blend in nicely.

Sounds fine...but i would still want to see it before offering my opinion...

I have no problem with it. Visitors consume bandwidth and seeing a small banner ad is a small price to pay for visiting here.

AJ it would help the cash situation so do it. Us "Premies" who contribute are spared. The lurkers have been getting free entertainment for too long.

I say do it.

AJ, the way it sounds you would set it up would be fine with me. As long as they are not overly intrusive for the masses and you can create some extra revenue for the site and the workers then I am not against it at all.

fin-atic said:
AJ it would help the cash situation so do it. Us "Premies" who contribute are spared. The lurkers have been getting free entertainment for too long.

I say do it.

That's the main thing that I believe. It's really not fair if you think about it. You guys pay a premium to enjoy this site. Sure, there are some extra features (and I'm working on a few new ones now :cool:). But, there are over 8,000 members that don't pay didly poo. I'm totally opposed to a ton of Premium Members. So, the next best solution for the site is to have another advertising banner on the forums. Something rather non intrusive, of course. But, something that works....

Gotta go back to work now... :D

Back
Top Bottom