UPDATE: Finheaven Updated Spreadsheet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UPDATE: Finheaven Updated Spreadsheet

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
All:

FinHeaven is proud to present our capoligist FinFrenzy's latest update!

Best viewed by right clicking and downloading then viewing. You may have to increase viwing size depending on what picture viewer you are using.

Read and...talk amoungst yourselves.

:beer1:

Attachments

• Salary_Cap 03-26-08.jpg
    Salary_Cap 03-26-08.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 677
Hello Everyone :waving:

I have posted my Cap Spreadsheet in order to help give us all a grasp of our cap situation. Please remember some parts can be right and some can be wrong a lot of the figures have to do with information that is available and some info we have to take our best guess at. It is for us to play with and to have somewhat of a grasp of where we are I do not expect this to be completely accurate it’s for our entertainment.

Some of these players contracts are so hard to decipher I probably can split an atom with my brain waves before figuring them out…..

I am not a Cap expert nor profess to be. I like numbers and enjoy creating spreadsheets. That is why I did this for finheaven. Therefore if you notice something that’s wrong don’t hesitate to post it, or pm me and I will correct it. This is finheaven’s community Cap sheet everyone’s input is highly valued. :bighug:

A lot of player’s contract info can be found just surfing the web and there are invaluable sites right now such as rotoworld, usatoday, our local newspapers, etc.

I added estimated contract values for fun if anyone wanted to know, the value of contracts out there for any one position on the team. If you have any suggestions to add anything, don’t hesitate, that’s what this is here for.

Another interesting topic on salary caps is franchise/transition tags for that info nfl.com has a great page of info linked here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806a24a3&template=without-video&confirm=true from nfl.com.

I will eventually add LTBE and NLTBE which are abbreviations for likely to be earned and not likely to be earned bonuses.

The adjusted cap figure for the dolphins comes into play since there were LTBE incentives charged to our cap last year of $3,945,000. Which were not earned by their respective players however it was included in the cap value last year so it is an additional cap value this year.

I will keep editing the cap page so keep your eyes out. :bugeye:

That’s it enjoy fellow finheaveners………………:beer1:

**Update as of 3/29/2008 Including Crocker signing. (Changed Porter's contract with no Roster Bonus, Info from Clumpy, (Will look around but makes the most sense w/Porter)

Attachments

• Capupdate3-29_1.jpg
    Capupdate3-29_1.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207585

There has been a lot of confusion over Porter's contract, if you dont mind me asking, how did you come up with your numbers?

Sure, although that is one of the harder ones, honestly that is alot of guessing.

He got a 5yr/32m deal with 12mil signing bonus...2008 Salary 4.8mil, with a roster bonus of 8mil, he had incentives last year but was also docked around 141k for violating league conduct policy.

It's probably not right but I prorated the roster bonus, turning it into additional bonus to be spread out of the remainder of the contract which would be the way I would have worded it if I was Dolphin brass. His contract would be ungodly otherwise. We would be paying highest paid QB money. The other part of the bonus was added for this year.

Similar ones but not near this magnitude are:

Tab Perry signed a 1yr 1mil dollar deal......No disclosures of what's what just that.

David Kircus signed a 2 yr deal worth 1140k that's it....nothing else so I guessed and will update when I get more info.

What is your opinion of the Porter debacle? IMHO his contract is more like 1+1=15 instead of 1+1=2 :err:

Sure, although that is one of the harder ones, honestly that is alot of guessing.

He got a 5yr/32m deal with 12mil signing bonus...2008 Salary 4.8mil, with a roster bonus of 8mil, he had incentives last year but was also docked around 141k for violating league conduct policy.

It's probably not right but I prorated the roster bonus, turning it into additional bonus to be spread out of the remainder of the contract which would be the way I would have worded it if I was Dolphin brass. His contract would be ungodly otherwise. We would be paying highest paid QB money. The other part of the bonus was added for this year.

Tab Perry signed a 1yr 1mil dollar deal......No disclosures of what's what just that.

David Kircus signed a 2 yr deal worth 1140k that's it....nothing else so I guessed and will update when I get more info.

What is your opinion of the Porter debacle? IMHO his contract is more like 1+1=15 instead of 1+1=2 :err:

Thanks for the work involved.

As for Porter:rolleyes:,I almost fell to the floor looking at his numbers...What the hell were the brass thinking when signing him to this incredibly huge and stupid contract.

Not only has he seen his better days but he wasn't worth this kind of money during his best days.

The only good thing to look forward to is the top brass should not do these kind of absurd:rolleyes2: contracts in the future

although 4million for jason ferguson for 1 year is a bit qustionable but who and at what price could we have replaced traylor with

Thanks for the work involved.

As for Porter:rolleyes:,I almost fell to the floor looking at his numbers...What the hell were the brass thinking when signing him to this incredibly huge and stupid contract.

Not only has he seen his better days but he wasn't worth this kind of money during his best days.

The only good thing to look forward to is the top brass should not do these kind of absurd:rolleyes2: contracts in the future

although 4million for jason ferguson for 1 year is a bit qustionable but who and at what price could we have replaced traylor with
a brick wall maybe?

Ferguson is at the end of his contract with dallas we are taking on his base salary, they are taking the cap hit on his signing bonus. His cap figure was higher with Dallas.

Im pretty sure prorating that "8 million bonus" isnt correct. I typed it up pretty in depth in this thread :

Doing some math, the 8 million doesnt add up so I didnt think that the roster bonus which was reported by a few places was correct. I guessed also on Porter so I was just curious to see if there was anything new floating on the internet that I missed. The only place I trust is the base salaries from NFLPA.

Im pretty sure prorating that "8 million bonus" isnt correct. I typed it up pretty in depth in this thread :

Doing some math, the 8 million doesnt add up so I didnt think that the roster bonus which was reported by a few places was correct. I guessed also on Porter so I was just curious to see if there was anything new floating on the internet that I missed. The only place I trust is the base salaries from NFLPA.

NFLPA does not publicly report player's salaries anymore :boohoo: I even called them....(NFLPA Rep) I'm going to go check your post. :beer1:

From previous thread:

Porter got 20 million guaranteed, Im assuming the reason we arent thinking about cutting him is that the signing bonus and roster bonus were guaranteed. (Since they add up to an even 20 million)

Clumpy, I have the same base salaries as you do, but if you add them up along with the 12 million signing bonus and 8 million roster bonus, its 38.5 million. His contract has been reported to be 32 million, with 20 million guaranteed. Nothing has been adding up.

Rotoworld has the same exact base salaries as NFLPA, and has the 12 million signing bonus and the 8 mil roster bonus, which adds up to 38.5. I dont know where the extra 6 million is coming from.

What do you come up with Philter? IMO his contract is crazy, there has to be more to it. Why would we sign someone give them a 12mil signing bonus and another 8 mil roster bonus the following year. Why not make a 20mil signing bonus? Which would add up to the guarantees. In turn lower his salary should have been lowered, I could live with a 7mil cap hit with him.

Porter rec'd a $12 million signing bonus prorated over 5 yrs. He does not have an $8 million roster bonus. His salaries were guaranteed

Porter rec'd a $12 million signing bonus prorated over 5 yrs. He does not have an $8 million roster bonus. His salaries were guaranteed
thanks for the hand clumpy! can we hate porter now? you want him? :lol:

Hmmm...are you saying the 8mil roster bonus was included in the signing bonus or the reports of an 8mil roster are false?

There was no $8 million roster bonus

His guaranteed money breaks down as follows:

$12 million signing bonus (prorated at $2.4 million/season for 5 yrs)

His entire 2008 salary is "guaranteed" but not prorated. If he's cut, he gets the $4.8 million

$2 million of his 2009 salary is guaranteed

$1 million roster bonus in 2010

12 + 4.8 + 2 + 1 = 19.8 million

Back
Top Bottom