UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down

Can someone remind me, do we get awarded a draft pick if we hire a minority coordinator?

I would like to remind people that Taylor is running behind the best guard in football. Not saying he isn't good, but he ain't putting up 1,200 yards and 12 TDs on this team.

Gaskin getting criminally underrated here.

I love me some Gaskins. Myles and N. Harris together!!

What current RB duo would you put ahead of them? Maybe D. Henry or A. Jones by themselves. :EMB:

I would like to remind people that Taylor is running behind the best guard in football. Not saying he isn't good, but he ain't putting up 1,200 yards and 12 TDs on this team.

Gaskin getting criminally underrated here.
I posted this in the draft forum the other day

Player A:

584 yards on 142 attempts, 4.1 Y/A. 3 touchdowns

388 yards on 41 receptions, 2 touchdowns

Player B:

803 yards on 181 attempts, 4.4 Y/A. 4 touchdowns

297 yards on 36 receptions, 1 touchdown

-

Player A is Myles Gaskins, Player B is CEH.

CEH did it in 13 games, Gaskins did it in 10

So that comes to

CEH: 1,100 yards on 217 touches, 5 touchdowns. 5.06 Yards per Touch

Gaskins: 972 yards on 183 touches. 5 touchdowns. 5.3 Yards per Touch

one costs a first round pick.

I don’t think gaskins should be the 1A guy anymore, but he is very under rated and had a decent year. He’s a good #2, however I’d prefer him as a 3 or a rotational piece. Not enough big plays

He was 52-48 with a team that was 2-14 the year before he took over. And watt only played 3 full seasons out of the 6 full seasons that he coached. 4 playoff appearances for BOB, tough to criticize that as a dolphin fan who would need 20 years to get their last 4 playoff appearances.
Fair. I guess, I'm thinking more of his GM stuff.

Player A:

Player B:

-

So that comes to

I don’t think gaskins should be the 1A guy anymore, but he is very under rated and had a decent year. He’s a good #2, however I’d prefer him as a 3 or a rotational piece. Not enough big plays

This also speaks to the rationale to not taking a RB to early in the draft. Take 2 in the mid rounds instead

Player A:

Player B:

-

So that comes to

yep 3 or rotational ideal world indeed

Reactions: A1.
Anyhow....., back to who the new OC will be.

I THINK IT'S DONE!!

STUDSVILLE is flo's choice and i believe has been from the jump. He is flo's fav ass-coach and has propped him big in several post game media interviews. Any and all other interest is just making it look like some thorough process and the hire keeps the minority nazi's at bay.

I am really hoping i am wrong but i doubt it. I want grier & flo to find the best available and proven innovator or up and comer from the chiefs, saints, etc... (and make an offer he cant refuse and tacking on ass-hc to the deal to make it happen if need be OR a college offensive mastermind looking for the nfl chance. I REALLY prefer an outsider, one who has some innovation and won't be a yes man to flo.

Player A:

Player B:

-

So that comes to

he is good number 2 as he is good blocking for the QB

I liked Gailey as an OC in the 90's and early 2000's. Competent, and for the time an innovator. But by the time he was hired in 2020, after being retired for 3 yrs, he was not even a dinosaur; he was a trilobite. So I expected a low ceiling, high floor, competent, highly experienced, but so very far from being innovative or great, OC. That's what we got. Gailey was not the problem - he got above average scoring and slightly below average yardage from poor and injured skill positions, 3 rookies on the OL, etc.

We could do better. But make no mistake, we could do worse. Do we play it safe -( Godsey, Studsville, similar offense, or established older guy) or shoot for the moon ( young asst. hotshot, college OC)?

I actually feel better right now knowing Gailey is not coming back (not knowing a replacement) than I did with him returning.

At least we have an opportunity to completely build an offense around Tua.

I suspect Fitz will now fade into the sunset. Even if he comes back, his role (without Gailey) is now cemented for next year.

All of that.. is appealing. I want to see Tua get a completely fair opportunity.

I'm tired of half evaluations with our QBs. There's always been missing commitments with our QBs in recent history. Whether it be WRs, OL, RBs, TEs or coaching.

We need a complete commitment this offseason to the offense.

We have some pieces in place. We have TEs (finally). We have a good young foundation for an OL (Year 2 will see strides) but we need 1 more anchoring pick....

It's time now for RBs, WRs, coaches and an offense designed with those players in mind.

Back
Top Bottom