Update on Aikman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Update on Aikman

I still cannot believe that Aikman w/b ready to play before Jay if we signed him today.

Yea, that is true but you never know. Thumb injuries can be nagging and unpredictable. What if he can't come back effective? Aikman would be a good insurance policy. If Aikman wants to dust off the cleats, I think it's worth the chance. What have we got to lose? We've all seen Lucas in action! If Jay can't come back strong, we are screwed.

The more I think about Jay's injury the more I get upset and pissed. We FINALLY have a complete team and our starting QB goes down. What did we ever do to infuriate the football gods?

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
What did we ever do to infuriate the football gods?
go undefeated ;) :p

Well, he still knows the system I'm sure. So he won't have to spend time to do that. He just needs to be in decent shape but I am sure that he has worked out, maybe not quite as hard as current players do, but enough that if he were signed now, he should be ready for Sunday. Quarterbacks don't need to be tremendously strong anyways. Just smart.

Troy only works out minimally according to his recent news interview here in Dallas (where he lives). He gave the assumption that he only jogs two or three times a week and maybe hit the weights once a week.....not enough for football.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
According to Steingberg, his agent, Troy is in outstanding shape.

haha Of course he said that. His agent gets at least 10% of anything he makes. There no agent in the world that's going to say his client isn't in shape and can't make money. haha

Hell man, even agents will try and give medical advice. Remember Jimmy Johnson and Yatil Green's agent?

I just have one word for this Aikman thing: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :eek:

Aikman won't be ready to play soon enough to help us out and, when he finally does (assuming that happens at all) it'll be right around the time that Jay comes back which would cause things to become completely FUBAR in the locker room. This is not a knock on Aikman, just a serious concern over how this team would handle something like this...my guess is, not very well.

Hey, what do we have to lose? We're obviously not winning with Lucas. Let's bring Aikman in, give him a week, see how Rosenfels does this Sunday, and if he fails, we can play Aikman until Fiedler is back. He can't be any worse than Lucas, we obviously aren't winning with him.

This is CRAZY!! Aikman hasn't played in 2 YEARS!!! No way in hell does he come back and play well. NO WAY. Not even if he had a MONTH. Look at Cris Carter. He played well last year and stayed in shape during the layoff. And he was gasping and looked extremely rusty Monday night on TWO WEEKS preperation. And he's a WR. Some of you guys think a QB who hasn't played in 2 years will be ready in a week or two??

Also, why would Aikman throw away his plush spot with Fox's #1 boardcast booth for a 2-3 week excursion back into the NFL?? He wouldn't. The only way he'd think about coming back is if he were going to be the starter in Miami. And that would mean Jay Fiedler's out for the year.

It won't happen. No way. No how.

I think Muck hit it right on the head. If we find out Jay is done foe the year tomorrow I would bet $ that Troy would be the QB against Balt, but that isn't the case. Dave will have to hit Jay over the head with a bat to keep him off the feild on Nov 24th against the Chargers. The other key is that the only way we could afford Troy is if we put Jay on IR.

You know, I don't see the obsession with Aikman. He hasn't played for two years and the reason he retired was due to too many injuries! Head, Back all things that could flare up again. If we are gonna go the aging legend route at qb like we did with wr. We might as well grab Danny Boy, suit him up and let him fire from the shotgun since his legs are shot. That way he can hand off easy too. Heck, what do we got to lose? lol

Dan would be in the same boat as aikman. they both would be unmoving tackle dummies behind our OL right now.

Back
Top Bottom