Update on Wilkins Extension | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Update on Wilkins Extension

BREAKING NEWS!!!

We have never before seen video of the goats responsible for the destruction of Fred's Camaro. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

Wow Fred Bear 🐻 is fast of foot! Gotta luv those little baby goats though, don’t ya? They’re so fricken cute! Sure hope they didn’t end up in a stew. Gulp. 🥘

Ladies and gentlemen… Once again, a big Finheaven hand for the great JamesWsenior.
Provocateur extraordinaire! 👏🏽🪐

My first car was a 1972 Pinto. It was my buddy's car, went out drinking with him, slammed 8 Mickey's big mouths and ended up hurling all over the backseat. Early in the evening he had agreed to sell the car to my other buddy for $500, needless to say he lost that sale and I ended up giving him $350 for it after a minor tussle in the front yard. Ripped the backseat out and put a plywood bench with cushions on it. Drove it until it basically disintegrated from rust from driving it on the beach everyday, thankfully before the gas tank exploded. Here I am installing my badass Kraco stereo-
View attachment 139812
Ha ha ha we used to call Big Macs Big sluts ha ha ha

sorry I'll stop....MM Hangover
Ha ha ha, a Mike McDaniel hangover is when he wakes up at 8 AM instead of 7, smiles at his beautiful wife… Gives her a peck on the ear and then proceeds to break down film for the next 23 hours! Then he heads into the office! 🦸‍♂️

I hear ya.

I saved up for a Pioneer.......wait for it.......8 track player.....lol.
My first ever car was a 68 Dodge Charger RT…lotsa patina on her. Boughter for 500 bucks and there was an 8 track in er with 1 lonely tape.

Budgie - In for the Kill.

I was thinking it might be easier to extend him next year when we cut Ogbah & Cedric Wilson but what do I know….

I was thinking it might be easier to extend him next year when we cut Ogbah & Cedric Wilson but what do I know….
Wilkins will turn 28 during the season; he was an older rookie.

It might make sense to treat him as a pay-as-you-go player... even franchising him in 2024.

I know the team wants to extend him (or so they claim), but at what price-point... and for how many years?

My thoughts exactly… Longer you wait the more money he can ask for but I’m pretty sure Wilkins is all in to stay here.

Wilkins will turn 28 during the season; he was an older rookie.

It might make sense to treat him as a pay-as-you-go player... even franchising him in 2024.

I know the team wants to extend him (or so they claim), but at what price-point... and for how many years?
I think this is the main reason Wilkins’ extension has not been worked out already. His age paired with being only average as a pass rusher, make him a unique case. The guys getting $20M+ were younger as rookies and can put up 10+ sacks a season. He is an elite run stopper, but what exactly is the going rate for that? I’ve seen sites suggest ~$15M per season. I’m sure he wants more and I’m sure he will get more. That being said, I don’t think the team wants to hand out a massive contract either.

They don't need to wait til next year to get that done, even if some of the money they're comfortable paying Wilkins is covered by money they know they won't pay Ogbah and Wilson that's currently sitting on the 2024 cap.

They could even reduce his cap hit THIS year, give him the Ogbah and Wilson saved money in 2024 and the only 'new' money on the cap come 2025 and beyond.

Given his age and the amount of players we would need to re-sign in 2024 and 2025, it makes sense to me to treat him as pay as you go as Fever suggests. Maybe franchise him next year, paying with the Wilson and Ogbah contract relief and let him walk as a 29 year old. That would also allow three drafts to potentially replace him with a far cheaper rookie contract. Good luck drafting someone as good as he's been but by that time in his career he may start to decline anyway.

Lots of options. They don't need to rush into a huge guaranteed contract 'just because'.

Im not sure about the franchise idea. IMHO I think a 3 year deal is good for both sides. For the Fins it locks down a key piece of the defense who is performing extremely well and is a leader on the team. It also gives the Fins flexibility to put money on the year they want it to hit so they can manage the cap better.

For Wilkins a 3 year deal is great because he'll be able to sign another one after this one is up. Average salary will inevitably be higher and he can cash in again before going the 1 year deal route a la Calais Campbell.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

We have never before seen video of the goats responsible for the destruction of Fred's Camaro. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

smirk drinking GIF

Back
Top Bottom