Updated Mock 2-24-2008 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated Mock 2-24-2008

jonanthans

LES f**g MILES
Reaction score
:dolphins: Updated Mock 2-24-2008:dolphins:

#1 Houston- Reggie Bush....Texans would be better off trading down and taking D'Brickashaw instead. Domanick Davis has shown he can be a very good back and is still only 24-25, but Kubiak isnt going to pass up on Mr. Excitement.

#2 New Orleans Saints- Vince Young....Sean Payton will take the mobility and stronger arm over the effective but questionable arm strength of Leinert.

#3 Tennessee - D'Brickashaw Ferguson...Tennesse simply cannot pass up on the most rock solid prospect in the draft this year.

#4 New York Jets- Jay Cutler..Leinert is very tempting to them here, but they have already been down the road of drafting a "smart Qb with a mediocre arm".

#5 Green Bay- A.J. Hawk- Fills a very pressing need on the defensive side of the ball.

#6 Oakland- Chad Greenway..Raiders fill their most glaring need on the defensive side of the ball.

#7 San Francisco- Mario Williams...49ers extremely happy williams falls to them here.

#8 Buffalo - Haloti Ngata- Bills really needed an O-Lineman, but Ngata is a stud DT.

#9 Detroit- Winston Justice - Lions finally draft something on offense other than a WR.

#10 Arizona - Matt Leinert - Cardinals extremely pleased to pick up Leinert here. Arm strength will not be as much a problem with 2 possession recievers like Boldin and Fitzgerald to throw to.

#11 Pittsburgh (from St.Louis)- Lendale White- Pittsburgh pulls the trigger to move up and add a huge addition to their team. Bill Cowher couldnt let Baltimore steal this one with their 13th pick.

#12 Cleveland - Marcus McNeil - Browns have no choice but to reach for this one, OL is a glaring need for this team.

#13 Baltimore - Tye Hill - With no Qb and no LB worth taking this high, Ravens take the top CB on the board. Huff would have been a nice take here too, but with Ed Reed on board, Hill makes for a better fit.

#14 Philadelphia - Santonio Holmes - Pinkston and Greg Lewis just isnt enough...

#15 Atlanta - Jimmy Williams - Falcons snatch this Ronnie Lott-type DB up without hesitation.

#16 Miami - Michael Huff - Dolphins should have taken Gabe Watson out of Michigan here, but Saban gets his guy to patrol centerfield for the next 10 years.

#17 Minnesota - Laurence Maroney- Vikings need a Rb here, Personally I dont think DeAngelo Williams will go high, but it is a possibility the Vikes take him instead...

#18 Dallas - Eric Winston- Parcells gets his stud lineman

#19 San Diego - Max Jean Giles - Much needed line help.

#20 KC- Tamba Hali-- falls into their laps here, should have went a lot higher but draft is overloaded with defensive linemen.

#21 New England - Bobby Carpenter - Belichick loves this kid.

#22 Denver (from Washington) - Manny Lawson- Without a top safety available here, Broncos shore up the DE position.

#23 Tampa Bay- Nick Mangold- other than Wr, OL is Bucs biggest need.

#24 Cincinnati - Rod Wright - Extremely happy Wright is still here for them

#25 NY Giants - Ashton Youboty - CB is by far the Giants biggest need.

#26 Chicago - Leonard Pope - If Grossman or Orton is going to be succesful, the Bears have to get a stud TE for them to throw to. This guy is an absolute freak.

#27 Carolina - Vernon Davis - Panthers are going to be dangerous with teams trying to figure out how to cover both Steve Smith and Davis. Linebackers arent going to be able to stay with this guy.

#28 Jacksonville - Andrew Whitworth- Jaguars are sooooo tempted to take Marcedes Lewis here, but the O-Line has got to be shored up.

#29 Denver - Chad Jackson - With Rod Smith eligible for Social Security, Shanahan has to get some younger hands on the field.

#30 Indy - DeAngelo Williams - Colts take a chance on the diminutive speedster.

#31 - Seattle - Mathias Kiwaunka - Seahawks take BPA here.

#32 St. Louis (from Pittsburgh) - DeMeco Ryans - Rams get the Lb they need, and garner a few extra picks from Pittsburgh.

Nice mock, but IMO Huff will be gone by the time we draft..in 2008. :lol:

A few surprises in there, especially Matt Leinart.

If anything is a lock in this draft, I think it is Leinart going 2nd to the Saints. (If he's still on the board)

He has already said he would like to play there, most people have him as the highest rated QB, and Vince Young has eluded that he wouldn't want to be there.

jonanthans said:
:dolphins: Updated Mock 2-24-2008:dolphins:

#1 Houston- Reggie Bush....Texans would be better off trading down and taking D'Brickashaw instead. Domanick Davis has shown he can be a very good back and is still only 24-25, but Kubiak isnt going to pass up on Mr. Excitement.

#2 New Orleans Saints- Vince Young....Sean Payton will take the mobility and stronger arm over the effective but questionable arm strength of Leinert.

#3 Tennessee - D'Brickashaw Ferguson...Tennesse simply cannot pass up on the most rock solid prospect in the draft this year.

#4 New York Jets- Jay Cutler..Leinert is very tempting to them here, but they have already been down the road of drafting a "smart Qb with a mediocre arm".

#5 Green Bay- A.J. Hawk- Fills a very pressing need on the defensive side of the ball.

#6 Oakland- Chad Greenway..Raiders fill their most glaring need on the defensive side of the ball.

#7 San Francisco- Mario Williams...49ers extremely happy williams falls to them here.

#8 Buffalo - Haloti Ngata- Bills really needed an O-Lineman, but Ngata is a stud DT.

#9 Detroit- Winston Justice - Lions finally draft something on offense other than a WR.

#10 Arizona - Matt Leinert - Cardinals extremely pleased to pick up Leinert here. Arm strength will not be as much a problem with 2 possession recievers like Boldin and Fitzgerald to throw to.

#11 Pittsburgh (from St.Louis)- Lendale White- Pittsburgh pulls the trigger to move up and add a huge addition to their team. Bill Cowher couldnt let Baltimore steal this one with their 13th pick.

#12 Cleveland - Marcus McNeil - Browns have no choice but to reach for this one, OL is a glaring need for this team.

#13 Baltimore - Tye Hill - With no Qb and no LB worth taking this high, Ravens take the top CB on the board. Huff would have been a nice take here too, but with Ed Reed on board, Hill makes for a better fit.

#14 Philadelphia - Santonio Holmes - Pinkston and Greg Lewis just isnt enough...

#15 Atlanta - Jimmy Williams - Falcons snatch this Ronnie Lott-type DB up without hesitation.

#16 Miami - Michael Huff - Dolphins should have taken Gabe Watson out of Michigan here, but Saban gets his guy to patrol centerfield for the next 10 years.

#17 Minnesota - Laurence Maroney- Vikings need a Rb here, Personally I dont think DeAngelo Williams will go high, but it is a possibility the Vikes take him instead...

#18 Dallas - Eric Winston- Parcells gets his stud lineman

#19 San Diego - Max Jean Giles - Much needed line help.

#20 KC- Tamba Hali-- falls into their laps here, should have went a lot higher but draft is overloaded with defensive linemen.

#21 New England - Bobby Carpenter - Belichick loves this kid.

#22 Denver (from Washington) - Manny Lawson- Without a top safety available here, Broncos shore up the DE position.

#23 Tampa Bay- Nick Mangold- other than Wr, OL is Bucs biggest need.

#24 Cincinnati - Rod Wright - Extremely happy Wright is still here for them

#25 NY Giants - Ashton Youboty - CB is by far the Giants biggest need.

#26 Chicago - Leonard Pope - If Grossman or Orton is going to be succesful, the Bears have to get a stud TE for them to throw to. This guy is an absolute freak.

#27 Carolina - Vernon Davis - Panthers are going to be dangerous with teams trying to figure out how to cover both Steve Smith and Davis. Linebackers arent going to be able to stay with this guy.

#28 Jacksonville - Andrew Whitworth- Jaguars are sooooo tempted to take Marcedes Lewis here, but the O-Line has got to be shored up.

#29 Denver - Chad Jackson - With Rod Smith eligible for Social Security, Shanahan has to get some younger hands on the field.

#30 Indy - DeAngelo Williams - Colts take a chance on the diminutive speedster.

#31 - Seattle - Mathias Kiwaunka - Seahawks take BPA here.

#32 St. Louis (from Pittsburgh) - DeMeco Ryans - Rams get the Lb they need, and garner a few extra picks from Pittsburgh.
Everyone has their own opinions, but I think Young won't go ahead of Cutler and Lienart; Greenway won't go ahead of Mario Williams, but SF won the coin toss anyway so if you just flip those picks thats ok; I can't see Lienart slipping that far; I can't see Hill going ahead of Huff, Cromartie, or Williams; As much as I hope I'm wrong I don't see any way Huff slides to us; while its possible that White could go ahead of DeAngelo Williams, Maroney won't IMO; unless Winston has a monster combine he won't be a first rounder; and lastly I can't see any way Vernon Davis slips even close to 27 let alone be the second one taken he is unbelievable.

Those are just my opinions. Anything is possible though.

I don't think this is a very good mock draft. Huff will not be there at 16, Pittsburgh will not pay a king's ransom to move up, St. Louis would not trade to the very bottom of the draft considering they have a new coach and a dire need on defense.

I don't think he will fall that far. I would be happy with Huff or Jimmy Williams.

Back
Top Bottom