Updated Roster Projection | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated Roster Projection

underwaterjedi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is my roster projection. As I have said before, this will continue to be on all year. I will be updating it with all the moves, and hopefully keeping up with the changes in numbers and positions. Hope everyone likes it. These are my opinions and I welcome comments. Let me know if you disagree, and I can make the changes to incorporate everyone’s opinion.

www.jcpersonal.com/dolphinsroster03.htm

These are the things I think I think :D

QB – we are set at. Fiedler will start if not for his ability at least for his overall knowledge of the ofense. It took him a while to get it, and Griese can’t be expected to learn it as well as Jay in just a couple of months. This may change during the season, but Jay would need to be playing very poorly for any change. I don’t expect that to happen.

RB – I think we will keep only 3. Charlie Rogers is being looked at here and I think will stick, and I think that should Ricky go down, then Minor would step up, and then Rogers would become the 3rd down back, where he looks to be very capable. Hopefully we can retain Henry in the PS. Edwards looks to be out, unless he is real impressive at camp. He is hurt now, so that is questionable that will happen. Maybe he has some trade value left in him.

FB – Konrad is a lock of course. I think Dyer will come out of the dog house and keep his job. I like Femi, but I like the different ability that Dyer brings to the position. Femi is more like Konrad and we already have him. But there is a battle here.

Oline – the question here is whether we keep 8 or 9. I like 9 because that means we can keep Jerman as a more experienced backup and also keep Smith for development.

WR – it seems now pretty sure that OG will be back. This position is crowded. While I like the idea of developing players, there seems to be a feeling that we must win now. I don’t think there is any way that OG doesn’t make the team. The question is where he will be on the depth chart. Most of these guys don’t play on ST so not more than 4 will be active in any game, if that. I would like us to keep 6 spots at WR (I show you later were to take it from) and keep Chambers, McKnight, Thompson, Gasden, Tolver and Newson. Baker has had some chances and hasn’t reached the level the staff was hoping for.

TE – pretty clear here. We are keeping 4, and those are pretty clear too.

Dline – last year we kept 9. I think we should keep only 8 (this spot can go to WR). Chester, Zgonina and Bowens are clear locks at DT. Jayson, Wale are locks at DE. So now the choice is whether we add more depth at DE or DT. We should keep Romero at DT and 2 DEs more. Not 3 as we did last year. So one guy should be out from Burnett, Williams, and Bowens. Because of age I think that Burnett is the odd man out. Maybe Lamanzer works his way up and takes another veteran out. Tough to predict.

LB – the top 4 are clear, and we should keep 6 because of injury history with both Junior and Zach, and because they can be solid contributors on ST. I think Moore is a lock, and the other one probably will be Jenkins.

DB – this one is tough I think, because whoever you lose, is a good player you are letting go. But at CB Madison, Surtain, Buckley, Fletcher and Lowe are locks IMO. At S you got Marion Freeman and Knight as locks. Who the other 2 are, I don’t know. I have read that probably Gamble is a lock as well, because of the signing bonus he got. I like McGarahan. He made some good tackles for us last year.

That’s it. Like I said, just my opinion, feel free to tell me I am completely wrong. Keep checking the page for more updates. I promise to do my best to keep it updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hardest part of the roster this year is that we finally have solid depth at a number of positions. But we have a number of guys that we are keeping that may not play special teams and we need guys that do both. The final 5 roster spots on this team will be very good players, and I don't know if we were able to say that before.

The hardest part of the roster this year is that we finally have solid depth at a number of positions. But we have a number of guys that we are keeping that may not play special teams and we need guys that do both. The final 5 roster spots on this team will be very good players, and I don't know if we were able to say that before.

Link didn't work for me...

But, I mostly agree. I don't see us keeping 6 WRs though and I don't think Rogers will take a spot away from a true RB.

WR: Chambers, Thompson, McKnight, OG, Tolver
RB: RW, Minor, Henry
KR/PR: Rogers

Originally posted by Gonk

You know, you can edit your first post.

Thanks for the site. You don't think Minor will make the roster?

I didn't write the first post with the link... I was just trying to help out. And yes, I'm aware of the editing. :cool:

As far as Minor:
We both have him making the team. I just think Henry will beat out Edwards for the #3 spot.

At this point last year, who would have thought McMichael would be the starter and have the year he had. Training camp will likely bring someone out of the woodwork or worse an injury that will drastically change all our neat predictions.

Back
Top Bottom