updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

updates

They remain free agents and I think it is very unlikely the Dolphins will sign Ryan, Warford, or any other high priced free agent because it looks like the cap money will likely be reduced next season instead of raised because Covid19 could impact the season. Even if the entire season is played, attendance at games will certainly be impacted and that will reduce the income of all teams and therefore reduce the cap for the 2021 season.

They remain free agents and I think it is very unlikely the Dolphins will sign Ryan, Warford, or any other high priced free agent because it looks like the cap money will likely be reduced next season instead of raised because Covid19 could impact the season. Even if the entire season is played, attendance at games will certainly be impacted and that will reduce the income of all teams and therefore reduce the cap for the 2021 season.
They should start a pay per view system for games this season for those that dont have directv. I know they wont for obvious reasons, but that would be one way to recoup some of the losses.

They should start a pay per view system for games this season for those that dont have directv. I know they wont for obvious reasons, but that would be one way to recoup some of the losses.

Brilliant idea. I know I'd pay $10 or $20 per game if need be. I can't stand that DirecTV has the NFL cornered in access to all of the games. So stupid.

Man I would cry if we got Ryan. 3 shut down corners and a 1st rounder that could be too. Could you imagine that nightmare for our opponents.

The majority of the League's money comes from the TV revenues and merchandise, I don't see the lack of fans in the seats impacting the salary cap much. Whether there are fans or not in the seats, those TV numbers will not change. The lack of fans in the seats will more directly impact the owner's revenue as only about 1/3 of that revenue is counted in the league pool for salary cap purposes. A very small amount in comparison to television revenue.

The majority of the League's money comes from the TV revenues and merchandise, I don't see the lack of fans in the seats impacting the salary cap much. Whether there are fans or not in the seats, those TV numbers will not change. The lack of fans in the seats will more directly impact the owner's revenue as only about 1/3 of that revenue is counted in the league pool for salary cap purposes. A very small amount in comparison to television revenue.
If anything, it adds 2 million plus TV viewers on a typical weekend.

The stadium owners lose all the ancillary $, and the league loses a portion of ticket sales, but nothing compared to not playing the games.

Well, I have to believe the NFL bean counters have run the numbers, and chosen the most profitable path.
You know that is correct. It is why the owners keep Goodel. He makes them money.
Fans last of course.

You know that is correct. It is why the owners keep Goodel. He makes them money.
Fans last of course.
I don't agree with the fans last, the fans are the money. Without the fans there is no revenue, it's a symbiotic relationship, one can't survive without the other...

I have no doubt the salary cap will NOT go down next year as a result. Whatever impact is felt as a one year anomaly will be parlayed into future years to reduce impact.

I don't agree with the fans last, the fans are the money. Without the fans there is no revenue, it's a symbiotic relationship, one can't survive without the other...
Good point. But ticket prices, food, parking, outdistanced me

Back
Top Bottom