updates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

updates

Good point. But ticket prices, food, parking, outdistanced me
It has gotten insane, no doubt. Hard for most to take their family to a game, it's no longer a weekly thing it's become more of a special event. Same situation for baseball. But just simply watching on television, you are still supporting the franchise, the more that watch the higher the value of the television contracts are with the NFL. The television stations bid based on viewership numbers and the advertising revenues they will generate as a result. It's a win-win, the NFL prospers either way, whether you go to the games or not. Now the owners, on the other hand, get hit in the wallet directly when fans don't show up to the stadiums, they make a killing on the concessions...

Brilliant idea. I know I'd pay $10 or $20 per game if need be. I can't stand that DirecTV has the NFL cornered in access to all of the games. So stupid.

I’d bet the NFL is kicking themselves for keeping it exclusive to Directv. Imagine if they offered Sunday Ticket as a streaming app? They’d make a killing this season

The majority of the League's money comes from the TV revenues and merchandise, I don't see the lack of fans in the seats impacting the salary cap much. Whether there are fans or not in the seats, those TV numbers will not change. The lack of fans in the seats will more directly impact the owner's revenue as only about 1/3 of that revenue is counted in the league pool for salary cap purposes. A very small amount in comparison to television revenue.
Gambling too now. They made $2.3 Billion off it last year.

I’d bet the NFL is kicking themselves for keeping it exclusive to Directv. Imagine if they offered Sunday Ticket as a streaming app? They’d make a killing this season

I thought Sunday Ticket is available as a streaming app and has been for the past few seasons for about $300?

I thought Sunday Ticket is available as a streaming app and has been for the past few seasons for about $300?

The way I understand it, the app is only available if you are in a location where directv isn’t available. Such as college dorm or apartment complex

Back
Top Bottom