Upgraded | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upgraded

I don't recall in my lifetime that Laird was a starter for the Dolphins even once. The guy had less than 200yds rushing in 3 years for the Dolphins.
First play of the game from scrimmage was a 12 yard completion to Laird therefore he started. He had 11 carries for 21 yards. Ouch. And he played 88% of snaps, the next highest snap count by an RB was Samaje Perine who played 9% of offensive snaps.
But I do agree how could the intern start 4 games that year! Well we traded away Drake to Arizona, Ballage went on IR week 13, Walton was suspended week9, Gaskin went on IR week 17, Perine came in week 17 and De'Lance Turner didn't touch the ball that game, but he did have 4 carries for 6 yards that season and was never sighted in the NFL again.

Counting chickens who haven't even hatched yet. I hope McDaniel is the next great mind. A young Bill Walsh. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.
His offensive philosophy alone makes him an instant upgrade on that side of the ball. His philosophy of life and how to treat ppl without being a crybaby does as well.

In fact, what exactly was the previous HC good at? He may be a good DC, but that is not the position for which he was hired. No different than Gase, who may have been a decent OC with supervision, but was not HC material.

Back
Top Bottom