Upgraded | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upgraded

One might argue the defense could be improved for a few reasons.

Added Ingram, a proven pass rusher.
A year of experience, coupled with an NFL offseason conditioning/strength program for guys like Holland and Phillips, two players with high upside potential.
Continuity in a complex system for a majority of players that will get a majority of snaps.

It may be a valid point about playcalling, but I'm not even sure about that. It is entirely possible that the one who shall not be named was actually holding the defense back early in the year, as I believe it was more than coincidence that the game plan was like night and day immediately after the trade deadline.
100% agreed

A year of experience, coupled with an NFL offseason conditioning/strength program for guys like Holland and Phillips, two players with high upside potential.
Continuity in a complex system for a majority of players that will get a majority of snaps.

It may be a valid point about playcalling, but I'm not even sure about that. It is entirely possible that the one who shall not be named was actually holding the defense back early in the year, as I believe it was more than coincidence that the game plan was like night and day immediately after the trade deadline.
Yes well said, They should improve and be even more of a cohesive group.

I posted the list to demonstrate how far we have come especially on offense though look at the secondary, this was after working the game highlights on youtube following the LockedonDolphins podcast where Kyle Crabbs listed his favourite/memorable games of the past ten years. This was was on the list for me as I in New South Wales in an airBnB on holiday at the timeand was able watch the game live at a semi-reasonable hour (i.e. not 1am kick-off like most games when in Perth) like 4am and I spent most of the second-half trying not to shout at GamePass and wake the wife.

The talent was offense was truly bad, Fitz is a Boom or Bust bridge QB, Laird is not on a roster, We traded away Parker and the other two WRs aren't on a roster. Davenport has subsequently started 5 games and is currently a backup in Chicago after backing up in Indy, Dieter is a back-up centre(?), Kilgore retired after being a backup in KC, Calhoun is played in two games since and is a backup in Washington. Jesse Davis was the only subsequent long-term starter and we got rid of him this year! Only Gesicki has improved subsequently and would be a starter for most of the league and there are doubts about his fit for for this offense. Truly horrific whereas we have something to loo forward to now even though we are sweating on the coaches sorting out the RT.

I posted the list to demonstrate how far we have come especially on offense though look at the secondary, this was after working the game highlights on youtube following the LockedonDolphins podcast where Kyle Crabbs listed his favourite/memorable games of the past ten years. This was was on the list for me as I in New South Wales in an airBnB on holiday at the timeand was able watch the game live at a semi-reasonable hour (i.e. not 1am kick-off like most games when in Perth) like 4am and I spent most of the second-half trying not to shout at GamePass and wake the wife.

The talent was offense was truly bad, Fitz is a Boom or Bust bridge QB, Laird is not on a roster, We traded away Parker and the other two WRs aren't on a roster. Davenport has subsequently started 5 games and is currently a backup in Chicago after backing up in Indy, Dieter is a back-up centre(?), Kilgore retired after being a backup in KC, Calhoun is played in two games since and is a backup in Washington. Jesse Davis was the only subsequent long-term starter and we got rid of him this year! Only Gesicki has improved subsequently and would be a starter for most of the league and there are doubts about his fit for for this offense. Truly horrific whereas we have something to loo forward to now even though we are sweating on the coaches sorting out the RT.
Real and pertinent info that we don't often see.
Thanks for this post.

Lots of people bash Fitz, wrongly imo, the numbers that guy put up with that surrounding cast, circumstances and oline were very impressive imo… points per game was like the best we’ve had in a long time with a dead man walking coordinator, led the team in rushing with absolutely critical conversions to keep drives alive countless times in while he started his games here.

Dude was not the same ole Fitz, folks can say all they want that he was the same ole Qb, his history shows blah blah blah, all that shows me is that those same people only looked at the surface level And didn’t really break down all that was needed to get a proper evaluation of the Qb..

I’m sure many will say the same after this post but I don’t care, I’m confident that Myself and some others saw what was happening.

Last edited:

You can never have enough rotational depth along the defensive front, the Giants proved that in their Superbowl win over NE.

Defense is identically the same except we possibly lost our best defensive play caller, don't know how that isn't a downgrade but let's hope I am wrong.

The offense on the other hand is definitely an upgrade. The oline still needs lots of work but every other position, other than possibly QB, is stacked, and even that position also got a little upgrade.

I think we can make the playoffs this year if the defense plays like it has the last 2 years. We can go 11-6 and possibly even win a game in the postseason.

Who our effective defensive play caller was, and whether he's still in Miami, is still to be seen, but some players have gotten better each year, and with a few added pieces this off-season, saying there is a chance this defense might be better then last year's, let alone 2019, might not be too far off.

FLORES HC MCDANIEL yep
Until proven, this is wishful thinking, McDaniel certainly has much more talent to work with, and yet Flo finished last two years with winning record with less talent. Let's see how this plays out. I'm hoping the additional talent puts us over the top.

upgrayedd.jpg

Until proven, this is wishful thinking, McDaniel certainly has much more talent to work with, and yet Flo finished last two years with winning record with less talent. Let's see how this plays out. I'm hoping the additional talent puts us over the top.
I disagree about wishful thinking. I'm of the opinion that McDaniel's contributions to the Dolphins franchise already outpace the entirety of Flores' tenure here. Even the winning seasons under Flores were pretty miserable for much of the time, and they weren't "winning" by much. Our team pretty much sucked and that they were winning seasons was as much luck of the draw as anything Flores did.

Last edited:
Lots of people bash Fitz, wrongly imo, the numbers that guy put up with that surrounding cast, circumstances and oline were very impressive imo… points per game was like the best we’ve had in a long time with a dead man walking coordinator, led the team in rushing with absolutely critical conversions to keep drives alive countless times in while he started his games here.

Dude was not the same ole Fitz, folks can say all they want that he was the same ole Qb, his history shows blah blah blah, all that shows me is that those same people only looked at the surface level And didn’t really break down all that was needed to get a proper evaluation of the Qb..

I’m sure many will say the same after this post but I don’t care, I’m confident that Myself and some others saw what was happening.
Dude, I'm not ashamed to say this.. Ryan Fitzpatrick was my favorite Dolphins QB sense Dan Marino.

He wasn't an all pro, but he was gritty and had balls the size of planets, he wasn't here long but made a lasting impression on me.

yeah, and this matter is now because…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom