UPSET: A&M takes down T.U.!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UPSET: A&M takes down T.U.!!!!

AggieFin21 said:
Whoa, relax man. You're taking this entirely the wrong way. I'm not gloating about our victory and I'm sure as hell not saying A&M has a better program than t.u. because I know we don't yet. Hell, I just got done criticizing my own team and coach in my last post. How is that gloating? I barely mentioned the game in the last post. The game's over and done with, it's in the books. I'm talking about the strength of the Texas program in relation to the other teams you say you are as good as. (OSU, USC, etc.)

I know Vince won the trophy for you last year, it's the people that say he didn't that I'm calling out. It's the fact that the other "big time" teams in the nation are still in the Top 5 after losing their own "vince young". If that isn't you then don't worry about it.

And tell me Mack Brown wasn't know for losing the big game before last year. The OU was a win, but a game t.u. was expected to win and win big, regardless of the rivalry. O.U. was a horrible team that first year with a young QB, a heisman RB that didn't play and no supporting cast. This year's win was legit and I'll give you the credit for that.

Sorry for "annoying" you t.u. fans...I'll let you get back to your Cotton Bowl....

Maybe I took it the wrong way, but it seems like you are calling us fans idiots because our team lost or something. Coming into this season I didn't expect much, because of our QB situation. I will admit I was pleasantly surprised when Colt turned it on. I never said we are as good as USC/OSU or any of them THIS SEASON, but obviosuly we were better than both last year. I just think people give OSU and USC too much damn credit, hence them being pretty much the only teams in college football I hate (besides the Hurricanes because I can't stand the way they act). Honestly, I think Texas would at least have given OSU a run for their money had we rematched them now, with Colt's massive imporvements since the first meeting. They didn't blow us out in that game, and it was clear that our problems were on offense and with the QB. Well now (or until Colt got hurt) we don';t have those QB problems, so I think it'd be a different game. As far as USC, yea, OK, so they were "crazy good" back in the Leinert/Bush/White era, but this year? I just don't see it. The team depends on Dwayne Jarrett, he is their Vince Young this year, no Jarrett, no wins, as seen in the Oregon State game. Both teams hjave had some very close games with very BAD teams too, so I don't think either is invincible. I didn't think that about USC last year either, when everyone was telling me and other Longhorn fans that Texas would get killed because USC's offense puts up 50 a game and Texas' D is overrated because it plays in the weak Big 12. Well, USC's offense was overrated, because it plays in the defensively weak Pac-10, and it still is. I'm not saying that Texas doesn't play in an easy conference with pretty much only one other team that is a yearly contender, but at the same time, USC isn't exactly playing in the SEC either. The Pac-10 isn't really that impressive, so they are just like us, but yet they get all the hype because it's USC :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom