Upset we didn't draft a RB early? I am open to understanding that type of logic. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upset we didn't draft a RB early? I am open to understanding that type of logic.

If Flo is copying Bellichick's blueprint for RB he needs to factor in that NE had the GOAT Brady to always pick up the slack. Until the Dolphin's have a Brady clone we would be wise to get a better running game happening.

If Flo is copying Bellichick's blueprint for RB he needs to factor in that NE had the GOAT Brady to always pick up the slack. Until the Dolphin's have a Brady clone we would be wise to get a better running game happening.
Great point when Brady was younger he had some nice running backs around him like Corey Dillon. When he got older and more savvy he could hide other weaknesses on the team.

Great point when Brady was younger he had some nice running backs around him like Corey Dillon. When he got older and more savvy he could hide other weaknesses on the team.

Dillon had one good year with NE....and was signed as a free agent. This example helps the dont draft a RB early example, not hurts.

Yea our team is still being rebuilt and Flores and Grier are doing a great job. We can draft RB's in the first or second by next year.

Bless you for even responding to that post. It's obvious we're not done building and we're still adding key pieces as we go. It's unfortunate but some have this mindset we need to be in the SB this season or else...

We're easily 1 year ahead of schedule and the only realistic goal this year should be a playoff berth.

Playoff is a realistic goal. I think, despite being angry about how we're handling RB, that we've had a very good off season and have improved quite a bit. If Tua is college Tua Super Bowl shouldn't be out of the question, we've added Waddle, Fuller and rookie TE Hunter Long and some o-line pieces to an offense that needed just what we brought in. Defense was stellar and now should be even better with a stud pass rusher like Jaelan Phillips opposite Ogbah along with a new Safety Jevon Holland., Vince Biegel returns from injury and we brought in Pro Bowl LBer Benardrick McKinney, a former #1 pick. I hope that tightens up our run defense which got gashed a few times last season.

Its a copycat league, so when one team begins a strategy other teams follow behind. In my opinion it makes it hard to determine what "wins" when everyone just wants to be who won last year.

I also said you have to do both. If you think our offense is otherwise set at QB, Receiver, TE there is nothing wrong with drafting a back.

Id also say a lot if that has to do with skill at the HB position. Henry is currently the only guy who can carry a team on his back currently. We haven't had a dominant HB like Peterson or LT enter the draft since AP.

I'm not condoning running over passing. I'm condoning adding that running game when you're set at QB/WR/most the Oline in the draft.

You would think the Ravens and the Titans would win more games, but the fact matter is that they can't beat the best teams regardless if they have someone skilled at running the ball.

We don't have Brady, but NE didn't needed the best RB's to be succesful. They needed a RB that can catch the ball. People talk crap about Drake, and now he's having better success than he did here. Now if Gaskin were to go somewhere else I would expect the same. At the end of the day we didn't really draft a rB until the last pick, that is how much the team feels about Gaskin.

Dillon had one good year with NE....and was signed as a free agent. This example helps the dont draft a RB early example, not hurts.
He had one good year as a feature back.

He had 2 other years where he was used situationally, and did pretty well in that role too.

Without looking, I believe he missed some time yr 2, but still ended up scoring quite a few TDs.

IIRC, while he was a big name, they signed him on the cheap.

Back
Top Bottom