Urgent Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Urgent Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Miami selects Jamar Fletcher instead of Drew Brees. Just thought Id refresh everybodys memory on the memorable day when we were on the clock and he had slipped down to us, and the Dolphins take Fletcher, man i jumped up and down and said WHAT THE F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to beet a dead horse and then shoot with a shutgun, but i have to agree. Let me take you in to my living room that horrible day(keep in mind i wanted Drew to be a Dolphin since his junior year.)

Paul Taglaibu:The Dolphins select Jamar Fletcher corner back Wisconson.

Dajesus: Who! Muther fuc*er! A corner back? You have to be fuc*ing kidding me.

My girlfreind: Brian calm down!

Dajesus:(whinning)But we have 2 of the best corners in the game. Why didn't we just pick a MLB? For christ sakes! A CB?

Girlfreind: Don't punch the friggin chair!

Dajesus:(walking away with cigarette in mouth) I waited 3 hours to see them pick a corner i have never heard of. Damn it! And fuc*king Smoot is still on the board. He is 5'9'' for christ sakes!

I remember it like it was yesterday for some reason. I got a chance to see Brees live twice in college and i just always thought he would be good. It really pissed me off that day.

i said it before and i will say it again. we are in it to win it today. the year before Jamar Fletcher was drafted miami used 3 db's 64 per cent of the downs. he was useable from day one. brees would still be riding pine to this day in miami.

but i will be the first to admit i want more out of him.

but, where would we be now without him? we already are missing surtain for a few.

Maybe we would have signed a FA who actully fill in as a part time starter and nickel back. The only thing Fletcher has done to warrant him playing is the fact that he was drafted in the first round. I want him to play well, but if he wasn't drafted we might still have cousin or someone that can actully add something to this D. I won't be surprised when he is cut this off season.

selecting a CB instead of a QB has proven to be a good choice, witness Jay's success and Ray's competitence, i.e. we do not need a QB. Jay can win ag. the Pats if RW has 200+ yards rushing easily :rolleyes:

But our pass D needs that 3rd CB to be solid. Wilson sucked - pass D so-so. Cousins solid - pass D #1. Fletcher weak - pass D so-so again. Difference between 2000 and 2002 is that our pass rush was incredible in 2000. The 3 CB in 2002 is a crucial player almost as important as any of our LBs. The big problem was that Fletcher had to start so let's hope Pat is near 100% ag. the Pats

you guys are whining. If surtain plays yesterday and smoothers gonzalez we have a win with ricky running.....

we don't need brees who threw for a whooping 80 yards yesterday.

we needed another corner and that is what they picked last year. the best corner available. or they could have chosen smoots.

That was the right pick. could you not tell that is the weakest part of our team if we have an injury. we got shredded...

so you would rather have brees then fletcher right now...... We need our corners to keep improving or it is another 10-6 year ..

Brees is no better then feidler.........we forced him to make plays. get over it.....

brady threw two picks, favre has had bad days. Dan used to throw them so the they could run it back for TD's,

WIN THE DIVISION......... chargers, chiefs, broncos and raiders are 4 of the top afc teams. BUT they are all in the same division and have not played one game yet against each other.

get by the patriots and there could be a bye spot for us if we can get back on track...

ONE problem is we play everyone i just mentioned in that division.

not good........... our schedule is BRUTALLLLLLLLLLLL

Man some of you love to whine huh?

... get over it, Brees is a GOOD QB, is he better than Jay Fiedler? I say no. Further more we didn't need a QB back then, and we most certainly don't need one now. We needed a 3rd CB, and Fletch has done a good job, it's a shame some of you ignore the reality of the situation just so you can whine and look for I told you so kudos when there is none to get from informed fans.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dajesus
Maybe we would have signed a FA who actully fill in as a part time starter and nickel back. The only thing Fletcher has done to warrant him playing is the fact that he was drafted in the first round. I want him to play well, but if he wasn't drafted we might still have cousin or someone that can actully add something to this D. I won't be surprised when he is cut this off season.

You guys are overating Brees but I never really like the choice of Fletcher because I felt getting a rb for the future was better(like Lamont Jordan....Fletcher has been stepping up lately(Yeah even though he got burned.)...If you think about it is not a bad pick because you still have to look ahead and we can't keep Sam and Pat forever..Eventually Fletcher will replace one of the two in the near future...Brees arm strenght is not even stronger than Jay and IMO Brees won't become anything special ...

Originally posted by zsonka
Brees is no better then feidler.........we forced him to make plays. get over it.....

Rob Johnson is better than Fiedler!!

Justafan, please go back to your hole until you have an intelligent insightful thing to add to the convo.

Rob Johnson is everything Fiedler is not and Fiedler is everything Rob wishes he could be.

Originally posted by justafan

Rob Johnson is better than Fiedler!!
better at what - spending unearned money, getting sacked, sitting on the bench :confused:

Originally posted by Phinstd
Justafan, please go back to your hole until you have an intelligent insightful thing to add to the convo.

And "brees is no better than Fiedler" is smart? If so, why is it that half this board and half the finfans in general hate the guy?

That hole I live in is So. Fla. hmmmmm

Originally posted by justafan

If so, why is it that half this board and half the finfans in general hate the guy?
it is more like 1/4, but the reason is "he is not Dan Marino" - he is only an average NFL QB paid like and avg. NFL QB. Real dolphan/football fans realize that we are getting what we paid for in Jay

Back
Top Bottom