US roster for upcoming qualifiers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

US roster for upcoming qualifiers

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The USA is playing in El Salvador on October 9th and then playing in DC on the 13th against Panama. This is the roster for the two games:

Goalkeepers (3): Tim Howard (Manchester United), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur), Jonny Walker (MetroStars);
Defenders (8): Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus), Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Cory Gibbs (Dallas Burn), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Eddie Pope (MetroStars), Tony Sanneh (Columbus Crew);
Midfielders (8: DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven), Landon Donovan, (San Jose Earthquakes), Eddie Gaven (MetroStars), Cobi Jones (Los Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Lewis (Preston North End), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Clint Mathis (Hannover 96), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards);
Forwards (4): Conor Casey (FSV Mainz), Eddie Johnson (Dallas Burn), Brian McBride (Fulham FC), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards).

We should be able to win both matches with this roster.

El Salvador and Panama?

They might as well have picked my two goldfish for those epic matchups.

El Salvador are not a bad team , they have played in at least one World Cup , however the US should hump them IMO

Try watching Scotland get horsed , man we are crap right now :(

No game has been easy for U.S so far.Must be due to CONCACAF being full of powerhouses.

minus said:
No game has been easy for U.S so far.Must be due to CONCACAF being full of powerhouses.

Playing in ****ty Central American stadiums against teams who play extremely dirty isn't that easy.

iceblizzard69 said:
Playing in ****ty Central American stadiums against teams who play extremely dirty isn't that easy.

:shakeno:
Stadium excuse?Come on.

U.S had a good run in last World Cup but I'm not convince that they can play at the leve again anytime soon.

I'm not a U.S NT hater because I do like the team.

minus said:
:shakeno:
Stadium excuse?Come on.

U.S had a good run in last World Cup but I'm not convince that they can play at the leve again anytime soon.

I'm not a U.S NT hater because I do like the team.

Teams in Europe use the same excuse when they go into ****ty countries and lose.

Playing in Panama in the rain on a really ****ty pitch filled with puddles isn't easy. We should have been able to beat them, but Central American teams have a huge homefield advantage.

Bolivia isn't a great team, but no one wants to play them in Bolivia. Central American teams don't have the same advantage they do, but some of them have a pretty big advantage.

As for the team, they are doing fine. It's the semifinals of qualifying and we haven't lost so there is no reason for concern. I don't think they will be quarterfinalists again, but I do think we will be more talented in 2006 than we were in 2002.

As long as USA makes it out of the Group Stages then they will have a good cup. If they can do more afterwards then hey, more power to them. I think they can do well but I think not calling up Friedel is a mistake at this point. Keller and Howard have been good but have made some big mistakes.

Prime Time said:
As long as USA makes it out of the Group Stages then they will have a good cup. If they can do more afterwards then hey, more power to them. I think they can do well but I think not calling up Friedel is a mistake at this point. Keller and Howard have been good but have made some big mistakes.

Friedel doesn't play because he doesn't want to play, there are rumors that he has decided to retire from international competition, but in reality, he hasn't really played for us since the World Cup.

iceblizzard69 said:
Friedel doesn't play because he doesn't want to play, there are rumors that he has decided to retire from international competition, but in reality, he hasn't really played for us since the World Cup.

Makes no sense to me.

The US won 2-0 against El Salvador.

The next game is against Panama and will be televised live on ESPN2 on Wednesday at 7:30 PM EST.

Is the squad the same? I expect a 3-1 beat down of Panama.

Back
Top Bottom