US v World Allstar Game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

US v World Allstar Game?

Finfan86 said:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-mikebspec12jul12,0,3841747.column?coll=sfla-sports-col

i kno everyone has heard of this idea before but, it seems liek Andruw jones liked the idea. BTW i think the world would kill US

I think the guy is a typical sports writer that has run out of ideas. Stupid article to me.

First off the game was 3-2.
Hardly an arse whipping and hardly an example of a glaring difference in talent between the leagues.

This reminds me of when the NFC had won I think 12 straight Super Bowls from the mid 80's to mid 90's.

Some writers came out saying the AFC was clearly a sub par conference and did'nt belong playing with NFC teams.

One writer I remember even proposed dismantling the AFC to give those teams a better chance at building a winner. :confused: Idiot.

Since these geniouses wrote their toilet paper articles the AFC has since won 7/9 Super Bowls.

Things move in cycles. It will even out just like it did in the NFL.

Let's not even mention that you've got a league with no salary cap.

2 teams in the American league with infinite checkbooks fight on who can buy the best all star team every year in NY and Boston. That alone tips the scales in an all star format towards the AL.

If anything they need to get a salary cap in Baseball and it will even things out quite nicely.

As for the "World V. U.S." All star game. Don't like it.
They already have the WBC. Keep it between Leagues.

stupid idea

They did this with the home run derby last year splitting guys up into countries and it bombed. Nobody cares what country's people are from. It's an AMERICAN sport played by people who get paid with the AMERICAN dollar.

American League vs National League and thats the end of it

Back
Top Bottom