USA to play Grenada or Guyana in the beginning of World Cup Qualifying | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA to play Grenada or Guyana in the beginning of World Cup Qualifying

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=50062

The USA will play the winner of the Guyana/Grenada matchup in a 2 game aggregate series to kick off the 2006 World Cup Qualifying Campaign. If the USA advances, they will most likely be grouped up with Panama, Jamaica, and El Salvador in a qualifying group, in which two would advance to the next stage.

Basically, the USA, Costa Rica, and Mexico have a very easy road to qualifying. They will never have to play each other until the final stage of qualifying.

World Cup Qualifying in CONCACAF begins in the winter, but the USA will not play until June:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/group/ncc.html

Also, here are the European Qualifying Groups:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/group/index.html?zone=eur
England, Wales, and Northern Ireland are all in the same group! Also, Holland and the Czech Republic will be in the same group again (both were in the same Euro 2004 qualifying group)

There really isn't a "group of death" but some groups are pretty strong.

Dang, qualifying does not start until June...that sucks. Oh well from then on it'll be non stop soccer for quite a bit of time. Good to know.

Hey I saw the actual lottery selection of the European groups, they showed it the other day on Galavision. It was so hilarious to watch all the Brits... they couldn't believe that England, Wales, and Northern Ireland ended up in the same group! I thinks its because all of UK wants to see Wales make it back to the World Cup since 1954, but now England and N.Ireland might prevent those dreams. Anywho...

What's up with the title of this thread? :lol: We're gonna have to make a new one once some matches begin.

As for the groups.. I can't believe Netherlands and Czech Republic are battling AGAIN for qualifications?! Remember Euro2004 qualies? IMO, Group 8 is the group of death. Sweden is a favorite, Croatia and Bulgaria are strong teams. All 3 of those teams are Euro2004 finalists. Iceland is tricky strong too, as they pulled some upsets in the last Euro qualies. And Hungary is a underrated strong team. I would love to see Hungary return to its glory days.. like in the 1950's when they reached the World Cup final game twice.

Group 8 is far from a "group of death." Sweden isn't that good (by far the worst team from pot A), Croatia and Bulgaria are both alright and two of the worst teams to get into Euro 2004. Croatia was a lot better a few years ago than they are now.

I think Group 2 is the hardest group. Turkey choked in Euro 2004 but they are still good, and Denmark is good as well. Also, Greece isn't bad and Ukraine has one of the best strikers in the world in Shevchenko. None of these groups are really "groups of death" but Group 2 is the worst one.

And BTW, the only people in the UK who want Wales to go to the World Cup are Welsh. Also, Wales will kill Northern Ireland when they face off. Northern Ireland hasn't scored a goal in like 10 games or something. They are awful.

I though it was 03...how could Turkey have choked in Euor 04?

Originally posted by Prime Time
I though it was 03...how could Turkey have choked in Euor 04?

I meant to say in Euro 2004 qualifying. They lost a playoff to Latvia and are not going to Euro 2004.

Oh okay. Yeah but upsets like that to a team every year. That is why I love soccer, upsets always happen.

Back
Top Bottom