Usa Today Bears Wire - 4 Reasons Why The Bears Will Defeat The Dolphins In Week 6 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Usa Today Bears Wire - 4 Reasons Why The Bears Will Defeat The Dolphins In Week 6

The very first player listed on the offense that lacks talent within this article is Albert Wilson. Hilarious!! Just another example of sports writers in other cities that use pro football focus to write their articles. Foolish not to reference the source, but I guess he wanted to sound smart. Oops!

The article listed one of the four reasons as tannehill sucks under pressure. It's a good thing we kept him on the sidelines during the game.

This part seems especially stupid in hindsight....

Dolphins simply don’t have the offensive talent

In order to challenge the Chicago Bears’ defense, opposing offenses need a game-changing player who’s capable of flipping the field in a single touch. That player doesn’t appear to be on the Miami Dolphins’ roster.

Albert Wilson? Kenyan Drake? Nope. Kenny Stills? Maybe, but highly unlikely.

Just for the record, Tannehill has beat the Pats and the Steelers with their Starting QB in there...Just in case it was forgotten, and and we won with a backup that can throw an INT at any moment, so great article but that guy.

He beat them years ago... This year he cant go a game without getting a sack, throwing unneeded pick sixea or generally making a careless error.

The Titans suck and we barely beat them, and it wasnt because our QB play. Alnoat all touchdowns this year have come feom long play and yards aftdr the catch by the WRs, not because of outsanding QB play.

Ryan Tannehill has regressed.

I just read through this whole thread.
It's threads like these that make me laugh at all the so called fans and experts that are so clueless to what goes on in the rest of the NFL.

for (many) fans here, the Dolphins are the only team that has holes on their team. they are the only team that has turnovers, or with a coach that calls a bad play once in a while, or that commits a penalty.

And for these sportswriters, they are so full of **** in their writing they literally just throw a bunch of words online and just have their homer fans eat it up without doing any research.

I'm so glad the dolphins pulled this win out. and I'm really happy for the offense to be able to get this win. especially with all the stuff that occurred before and during the game.

Gase should put this whole stupid article up on the bulletin board.

This part seems especially stupid in hindsight....
I tweeted this part to Albert Wilson.

1/2 .@iThinkIsee12 did you not read the article from .@BryanPerezNFL? You can't do these things.
1f923.png
"In order to challenge the Chicago Bears’ defense, opposing offenses need a game-changing player who’s capable of flipping the field in a single touch. That player doesn’t appear
2/2 to be on the Miami Dolphins’ roster. Albert Wilson? Kenyan Drake? Nope. Kenny Stills? Maybe, but highly unlikely."
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

And guess who responded?

He beat them years ago... This year he cant go a game without getting a sack, throwing unneeded pick sixea or generally making a careless error.

The Titans suck and we barely beat them, and it wasnt because our QB play. Alnoat all touchdowns this year have come feom long play and yards aftdr the catch by the WRs, not because of outsanding QB play.

Ryan Tannehill has regressed.

Tannehill has one huge problem, and throwing pick 6s is not even a small issue with him. Tannehill does tend to fumble more then he should, but INTs is that big a problem.

Of the 5 games he has played Ryan Tannehill has had a good game , two great games, one bad game and one horrible game so far this season, pretty amazing after coming back from surgery, his two worst games came after losing his best linemen, no running game, and possibly playing hurt.

Tannehill so far this season has thrown for 972 yards, 8 TDs 5 ints, and a 92.9 Rating (120+ rating before Pat's game), against Bengals he had done enough to have them at a 17-3 lead, if after that or during he was playing injured, that is tough, but can't blame him too much if his line is allowing him to get massacred and his defense decided to stop actually holding the Bengals.

Of the 3 Tannehill wins, They beat a Titan team that was un the playoffs last year, Nd in 1st place this year, a division game against a Jets team team that is hot, and a Raiders team that was desperate.

Could Tannehill played better, sure, but in 4 of the 5 games, he has done enough to help his team win, if the other players did their part.

Tannehill has one huge problem, and throwing pick 6s is not even a small issue with him. Tannehill does tend to fumble more then he should, but INTs is that big a problem.

Of the 5 games he has played Ryan Tannehill has had a good game , two great games, one bad game and one horrible game so far this season, pretty amazing after coming back from surgery, his two worst games came after losing his best linemen, no running game, and possibly playing hurt.

Tannehill so far this season has thrown for 972 yards, 8 TDs 5 ints, and a 92.9 Rating (120+ rating before Pat's game), against Bengals he had done enough to have them at a 17-3 lead, if after that or during he was playing injured, that is tough, but can't blame him too much if his line is allowing him to get massacred and his defense decided to stop actually holding the Bengals.

Of the 3 Tannehill wins, They beat a Titan team that was un the playoffs last year, Nd in 1st place this year, a division game against a Jets team team that is hot, and a Raiders team that was desperate.

Could Tannehill played better, sure, but in 4 of the 5 games, he has done enough to help his team win, if the other players did their part.

Ryan Tannehill has not played well this season. He has played mediocre at best, like the rest of his career.

Maybe you are fine with mediocre play from the team and QB, which is fine as your preference, but it is not realistically good.

Could we win a Superbowl with Ryan Tannehill? I dont see it.

Our defense is winning us games, if it wasnt for them playing lights out, we would be 0 and 6.

Here is the real question? Do you think Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, and the rest of the rookies could have done better? I think it is quite arguable that they could have and those are rookies. Now imagine the rest of the qbs in this league.

Can you name me some quarterbacks that Ryan Tannehill is hands down a better qb than?

Last edited:
Worth noting that:

• Bears havent faced a team with a winning record yet
  • Their opponents overall record is 7-11-1
  • Bears only road win came against the 1-4 Cardinals
  • measured by SRS, their strength of schedule is 2.5 points below average, Fins SoS is 2 points above average for comparison sake...
We've played 3 teams that are in 1st place right now. Raiders are only team we've played with a losing record.

Ryan Tannehill has not played well this season. He has played mediocre at best, like the rest of his career.

Maybe you are fine with mediocre play from the team and QB, which is fine as your preference, but it is not realistically good.

Could we win a Superbowl with Ryan Tannehill? I dont see it.

Our defense is winning us games, if it wasnt for them playing lights out, we would be 0 and 6.

Here is the real question? Do you think Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, and the rest of the rookies could have done better? I think it is quite arguable that they could have and those are rookies. Now imagine the rest of the qbs in this league.

Can you name me some quarterbacks that Ryan Tannehill is hands down a better qb than?

I agree that he has not been a win you a game single handedly QB this year, but he has for the most part, been a good piece of the Offense, and has made plays.

Tannehill is still trying to feel comfortable back there after a year and a half of doing nothing but rehabbing.

When he starts to feel comfortable again (This depends when he comes back after this injury), and is given as much time to do his job as the other QBs, I think only a small handful of QB will be as effective as him, Tannehill with time is a top 10 QB, and so far this year he has been ranked top 5, so there is some skill there, if he didn't have it, he would not be able to put up enough stats to have a 120+ rating.

As for Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield, both have great talent, and could be very good QBs in the future, but there is nothing either one of them can do for a team that a comfortable Tannehill can not do if given as much time as those two are getting.

Last week, against the Bengals, they put up a stat, that Tannihill is among the quickest to get rid of a the ball, it's not because he wants to, it's because he has too.

Back
Top Bottom