USA Today: Dolphins Team Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today: Dolphins Team Report

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
There really isn't much here. But I thought this was interesting:

The Dolphins, though, have made more of a long-term commitment to Chester than Bowens by deciding not to release the former before having to pay a lucrative weight-incentive clause. Chester earned a reported six-figure bonus by weighing 338 pounds, which is just 13 more than his 2004 playing weight of 325.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/home.htm

*Didn't know players made money for "making weight."

Hey, having to walk by the twinky isle and not scarfing down a dozen or so is HARD work!!

Some players like chester struggle to keep their weight down so as an incentive they must be at a certain weight to make money. its a win win situation for the team and the player. If he makes the weight the team pays up but the player is at the ideal weight the team wants him at and if he doesnt the team saves all that money and can cut or trade the overweight player

fins1 said:
Hey, having to walk by the twinky isle and not scarfing down a dozen or so is HARD work!!

No walking into cold stone and not eating all the cake batter ice cream in the store is hard work.

I always wonder what it would be like to see Chester and Bowens at an all you can eat chinese restaurant.

finmann said:
I always wonder what it would be like to see Chester and Bowens at an all you can eat chinese restaurant.

I've had the experience of seeing Bowen eat at the Student Union at Ole Miss. They'd serve a double hamburger with an order of fries that would fill you up: fill any normal human up. I saw him scarf down three double cheesburgers and two plates of fries. It was disgusting; like watching some different kind of animal eat.

fins1 said:

truer words have never been spoken

finmann said:

Store owner :eek: :cry: "I said it was all you can eat buffet. Not all DAY you eat buffet!!

Agua said:
I've had the experience of seeing Bowen eat at the Student Union at Ole Miss. They'd serve a double hamburger with an order of fries that would fill you up: fill any normal human up. I saw him scarf down three double cheesburgers and two plates of fries. It was disgusting; like watching some different kind of animal eat.

Thats not that bad,i can eat 2 double cheeseburgers punders w/ 2 medium fries and a coke at McDonals if im hungry without too much trouble... and im a 150 lb kid.

Im sure Bowens could put much more then that down.

finmann said:

Darryl Gardener (former Phin) loved IHOPs and he broke his hand in a fight outside one here in the Denver area last offseason. I would love to watch
these guys eat! :lol: I think Tractor Traylor could give Timbo and Chester
some competition in the food eating department. Vernon Carey doesn't
look like he misses many meals either.

Roman529 said:
Darryl Gardener (former Phin) loved IHOPs and he broke his hand in a fight outside one here in the Denver area last offseason. I would love to watch
these guys eat! :lol: I think Tractor Traylor could give Timbo and Chester
some competition in the food eating department. Vernon Carey doesn't
look like he misses many meals either.

I don't know, big guys aren't the best scarfers.

I mean, look at Fridge in the hot dog eating contests...

does anyone remember te alonzo mayes and when pat jones and and dave wannstest walked in on him at the golden corral and alonzo said " i just sampling the buffet here and pat jones said " hell son the shadow of your azz weighs 50lbs alone and according to the scales you need to stop sampling these buffets":roflmao:

mercury 40 said:
does anyone remember te alonzo mayes and when pat jones and and dave wannstest walked in on him at the golden corral and alonzo said " i just sampling the buffet here and pat jones said " hell son the shadow of your azz weighs 50lbs alone and according to the scales you need to stop sampling these buffets":roflmao:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

mercury 40 said:
....good one!

Back
Top Bottom