USA U-23s beats Honduras, will face Mexico | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA U-23s beats Honduras, will face Mexico

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=53120&itype=&iCategoryID=0

The USA has to beat Mexico to qualify for the Olympics. I don't know why we tried to win the game. If we lost, we would have played Costa Rica for a spot. All the games are in Mexico, so because we won we have to play a better team who has home field advantage. If we lost, we would have played a worse team with no home field for the exact same thing.

It is going to be hard though. Mexico is very good at home and their fans give them a huge advantage. They throw bottles filled with urine at US players and in this tournament they chant "Osama." :nono: The fans who do this are seriously a bunch of *******s.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It is going to be hard though. Mexico is very good at home and their fans give them a huge advantage. They throw bottles filled with urine at US players and in this tournament they chant "Osama." :nono: The fans who do this are seriously a bunch of *******s.

That's some kickass nationalism right there!

Landon Donovan was telling USA will kick out Mexico as revenge for Mexico kicking out USA in baseball...

Sorry guys Mexico 4 USA 0 :D

The world is in order, at least in soccer ;)

Last time I remember...USA won when it counted...in the 2002 World Cup.

can you spell REVENGE? :D

and this counts too, all players are professionals, a couple of USA players play in Europe, USA had qualified to 5 consecutive Olimpic games, and a few had talked too much...

A bunch of classless Mexico fans chanted "Osama" in this game as well. :nono:

The game was a U23 match so it doesn't really matter too much. However, I really wanted to kick Mexico's ***. I guess we will now have to wait until World Cup qualifying to see the USA beat Mexico up again.

It sucks that the USA didn't qualify for the Olympics in soccer, but we will still win a hell of a lot more medals than Mexico.

This does not count for FIFA which is Pro Soccer. Pro Soccer on the biggest stage of them all...2002 World Cup Korea/Japan USA shuts Mexico out and up 2-0.

FIFA rules the Olimpic tournament, as every other world federation does for their respective sports, you don't want to see the truth? fine, Mexico 4 USA 0.

About the Osama chants, well yeah, a few drunk weirdos.

And of course USA wins tons of medals, an beats Mexico in almost every sport you can name, but soccer is our sport, and sometimes is good to show it, oh I forgot, sorry about beating you in baseball too, one for the ages :D

And yes, we will meet again for the world cup qualification, but the way I see it, both teams will be in Germany 2006.

Originally posted by raphinmx
FIFA rules the Olimpic tournament, as every other world federation does for their respective sports, you don't want to see the truth? fine, Mexico 4 USA 0.

About the Osama chants, well yeah, a few drunk weirdos.

And of course USA wins tons of medals, an beats Mexico in almost every sport you can name, but soccer is our sport, and sometimes is good to show it, oh I forgot, sorry about beating you in baseball too, one for the ages :D

And yes, we will meet again for the world cup qualification, but the way I see it, both teams will be in Germany 2006.

The Olympics are still a U-23 tournament. FIFA regulates it, but they also regulate the U-17 World Cup.

The "Osama" chants were more than just a few drunks. It happened at almost every USA game. The games were not televised here, but the articles made it seem that it was more than just a small minority. I am not saying all of the fans were part of it, I don't think they were, but I don't think it was a small group either.

As for baseball, the USA team in that Olympic qualifier were all minor leaguers. We still should have won though.

Both teams will definitely be in the World Cup in 2006. The USA and Mexico are by far the two best teams in CONCACAF.

Even though soccer is Mexico's sport, the USA is 5-1-1 against Mexico in the last 7 senior national team games. Soccer may be more popular in Mexico than it is here, but the USA has dominated Mexico as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmm, USA played their first 3 games in a 20,000 ppl capacity stadium that was basically EMPTY for all games, so I dunno how many chanted osama, but believe me, is more the fuss of the american press than what it was, and I can assure you that MOST ppl here have not that bad taste.

About the last few games, including friendlies, Mexico has won 4 times lost 3 times and tied once. And in official games, (includes world cup games, qualification, gold cup and confederations cup) Mexico has won 3 times and lose 2
You can check it http://www.femexfut.org.mx/Selecciones/Resultados.php

What I will not deny, is that even while neither USA nor Mexico are soccer powers, their games have turned into a big rivalry, which I think is cool for the soccer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my thoughts..

I'm GLAD that USA did not qualify for the Olympics in soccer. First of all, I personally believe that soccer should not be one of the held games at the Olympics. Soccer has far succeeded apart from the Olympic games, the FIFA World Cup, Euro Championship, Champions League, Copa Libertadores, African Nations Cup, even the WC qualifying stages is much more honored and acclaimed by the international community than the soccer tourney at the Games. FIFA should be sole responsible for international soccer matches, and the Olympics should be sole responsible for the other games. Have you ever seen a soccer match at the Olympics? Its a joke, you can see the ghost-town dustballs blowing through the stands. Did you know that the European zone qualifying for the Olympics is a tournament of U-21? They send their whole U-21 teams to play against our U-23 + 3 seniors. How lame is that? I'm a huge soccer fan, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the last 2 soccer winners at the Olympics. If you're asking for WC or Euro champs? I can tell you every winner in order, back to when those tourneys began.

With that being said, I'm glad they have not qualified for the Olympics because it will allow our overseas players such as Bocanegra, Mathis, McBride, Reyna, etc to take a breather after their domestic tourneys by coming home for a bit (Mexicans wouldn't understand because they don't play abroad). Then, after taking a rest, they usually jump back into the MLS in its progress. And the MLS could definitely use the MNT players in its teams to bring some more excitement. If we would have qualified for the Olympics, then many of the exciting upcoming players (U-23) and 3 senior players would not have participated in many of the upcoming 2004 international friendlies nor in many MLS games. Our NT players needed this break for once. They'll come back super strong for WC qualifying once it begins for us in the summer. This is exactly what I long-awaited for!

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Here's my thoughts..

I'm GLAD that USA did not qualify for the Olympics in soccer. First of all, I personally believe that soccer should not be one of the held games at the Olympics. Soccer has far succeeded apart from the Olympic games, the FIFA World Cup, Euro Championship, Champions League, Copa Libertadores, African Nations Cup, even the WC qualifying stages is much more honored and acclaimed by the international community than the soccer tourney at the Games. FIFA should be sole responsible for international soccer matches, and the Olympics should be sole responsible for the other games. Have you ever seen a soccer match at the Olympics? Its a joke, you can see the ghost-town dustballs blowing through the stands. Did you know that the European zone qualifying for the Olympics is a tournament of U-21? They send their whole U-21 teams to play against our U-23 + 3 seniors. How lame is that? I'm a huge soccer fan, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the last 2 soccer winners at the Olympics. If you're asking for WC or Euro champs? I can tell you every winner in order, back to when those tourneys began.

With that being said, I'm glad they have not qualified for the Olympics because it will allow our overseas players such as Bocanegra, Mathis, McBride, Reyna, etc to take a breather after their domestic tourneys by coming home for a bit (Mexicans wouldn't understand because they don't play abroad). Then, after taking a rest, they usually jump back into the MLS in its progress. And the MLS could definitely use the MNT players in its teams to bring some more excitement. If we would have qualified for the Olympics, then many of the exciting upcoming players (U-23) and 3 senior players would not have participated in many of the upcoming 2004 international friendlies nor in many MLS games. Our NT players needed this break for once. They'll come back super strong for WC qualifying once it begins for us in the summer. This is exactly what I long-awaited for!

...I'm still so glad the USA did not qualify for the Olympics, that garbage of a tournament for soccer. I love the Olympics, but soccer has no place in it.

Did you hear the Mexicans when they beat Costa Rica 1-0 on a bad-call penalty shot in the final of the U-23 tourney? (even though C.R. is still going to the Olympics). "Mexico, Campeon!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess it's the only time they can feel like champions of something:)

Back
Top Bottom