USA vs Germany | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA vs Germany

Don't see Belgium as good as Germany, and give us a fair change for a win, depending on the bounce of the ball. Getting into the semi-final would be more than anyone expected for this team, and I like the draw.
Well, no games are gimmes now, and even IF you get past Belgium, you'll probably have to beat Argentina to get into the semis. I can't see either of those things happening, but I didn't see you getting to the knockout stage in the first place. Never underestimate the good ol USA! (Or American GI's stationed in Germany ;) ).

This World Cup honestly is WIDE OPEN . . . there hasn't been much in the form of "dominance" IMO. If there was ever a time for the U.S. to make a statement in a World Cup . . . this is the time. Even if the road is Belgium/Argentina . . . neither has looked unbeatable. The first "dominant" looking team from this World Cup doesn't appear until at least the semis where you'd expect the DUTCH to be.

Don't get me wrong, both Belgium and Argentina are more talented on paper, but the U.S. has played as good as both of them so far IMO, plus the U.S. CLEARLY were in the tougher group.

I'm not gonna get ahead of myself because you can't underestimate any team in the knockout stages . . . but all things considered, the U.S. draw is quite likeable considering they didn't win their group.

:idk: People like the Olympics too. :idk:

Yep, people who typically don't follow sports tune in for that. Quite different than the World Cup. You might as well point out that people like The Voice. :lol: Most importantly, the World Cup has the younger demographic.

I can almost understand why NFL junkies don't like soccer because it's "boring" (no, I can't actually :lol: ), but hockey fans? :err:

UqbBajf-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom