USC vs. Fresno State | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC vs. Fresno State

unifiedtheory said:
Pat Hill is a HELL of a football coach. His team has guts and played their ***** off.

I think if he can keep recruiting well they will be good for a long time. They are not Boise State...I think they are a top 15 team as long as he stays their.

Matt Leinart was very avergae tonight....Reggie Bush on the other hand is rediculous. He defines the word "Playmaker".

I actually think that maybe after this game..he obviously win s the Heisman..but I think he could be the guy everyone wants to trade up for. He has that "thing" that is unmeasurable..he is at worst a playmaker at best his is a Barry Sanders/ Faulk.....backbreaker.

RAS25 said:
ok i dont really belive in moral victories but im proud of my boys they fought all the way to the end they were outmatched in every aspect of the game and they still gave them a fight......now im not normally one to complain but the officiating was horrible im not sayin the outcome wouldve been different but there were at least 3uncalled PIs at least 5uncalled holdings garrett mcintyre was getting held all game and there were a couple blocks in the backs that also went uncalled....paul pinegar had a bad 2nd half he played well untill they started getting hits on him and im positive his injuries were killing him he has bruised ribs and a shoulder injury he suffered vs oregon....now some of you are gonna say pinegar is a bum blah blah blah everyone has bad games he had a bad half go watch the virginia game last year and you will have a whole different opinion of him he may not be matt leinart but he is a good qb and is IMO worth a mid round pick to develop....now that im done ranting im going to meet up with some very upset fresno state fans.

Pinegar was really good tonight. He made a few ill advised throws. That being said, the guy played his *** off and was trying to win the game.

That was a great game...Fresno State REALLY showed a lot tonight. They are not some small school who got lucky once. They've been playing against good competition for awhile...they are'nt going anywhere.

ether79 said:
I actually think that maybe after this game..he obviously win s the Heisman..but I think he could be the guy everyone wants to trade up for. He has that "thing" that is unmeasurable..he is at worst a playmaker at best his is a Barry Sanders/ Faulk.....backbreaker.

He has "it"...whatever "it" is.

The guy was out of hand tonight. If I'm an NFL team looking for a runner I do ANYTHING to move up and get him. He might not be the 25+ carries a game runner some coaches want but he will KILL other teams eventually.

Barry Sanders was'nt a big guy either. I'm not comparing Bush to Sanders but he has that type of ability in my opinion. Everytime he touches the ball you get the feeling that he will take it 80 yards.

unifiedtheory said:
He has "it"...whatever "it" is.

The guy was out of hand tonight. If I'm an NFL team looking for a runner I do ANYTHING to move up and get him. He might not be the 25+ carries a game runner some coaches want but he will KILL other teams eventually.

Barry Sanders was'nt a big guy either. I'm not comparing Bush to Sanders but he has that type of ability in my opinion. Everytime he touches the ball you get the feeling that he will take it 80 yards.

Exactly I won't compare but Bush has the ability IMO to single handedly turn a 5yrd loss into an 80 yrd TD....he is just ridiculous.

unifiedtheory said:
Pinegar was really good tonight. He made a few ill advised throws. That being said, the guy played his *** off and was trying to win the game.

That was a great game...Fresno State REALLY showed a lot tonight. They are not some small school who got lucky once. They've been playing against good competition for awhile...they are'nt going anywhere.

i hope so i hope this loss doesnt drop us so far we have to play a crappy bowl game... we finally got to play a real opponet in virgina last year in a bowl game and pinegar was a monster.

2 observations:

1. Reggie Bush. This was my first USC game ive watched this year. That guy is the best running back I have EVER seen. When he touches the ball you just get a feeling that he will break a big one. Amazing. No words to describe some of those runs he made.

2. I heard a lot of hype here about Paul Pinegar, but he didnt impress me much at all.

All I saw were the highlights. And that's obviously a very limited view. The games aren't on here.

But all the big runs they showed (which was the only thing they showed).....he was running thru holes the size of Lake Okeechobee. Straight ahead. Nobody even close to him.

He's got unbelievable speed and great moves in the open field. I just wish I could see him on all the other plays where he doesn't take it to the house. I want to see what he looks like under "normal" circumstances (i.e. when it doesn't look like the US Army has driven a tank thru the front seven).

LSUSAINT said:
USC held on to beat a WAC team in Fresno State.

Impressive.:rolleyes:

That WAC team was #16 in the nation.

They've won 33 straight games....you don't win 33 straight blow outs...you'll have the odd close one.

Should they drop down in the polls because they "hung on"? They are undefeated and the 2 time defending champs....they stay #1 easily.

Muck said:
All I saw were the highlights. And that's obviously a very limited view. The games aren't on here.

But all the big runs they showed (which was the only thing they showed).....he was running thru holes the size of Lake Okeechobee. Straight ahead. Nobody even close to him.

He's got unbelievable speed and great moves in the open field. I just wish I could see him on all the other plays where he doesn't take it to the house. I want to see what he looks like under "normal" circumstances (i.e. when it doesn't look like the US Army has driven a tank thru the front seven).

He had some short runs that showed power as well. I agree....the long ones he was'nt touched, made a few moves (some very good moves) and he was gone.

Man I was off. Reggie is #3 in the nation in rushing. Can you imagine what he'd have if he didn't have to split carries with LenDale? They both have 163 carries.

Back
Top Bottom