Use your patience... wait on Caldwell and ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Use your patience... wait on Caldwell and ...

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
McDaniels from the Patriots. Interview these guys. Don't get locked on somebody too early. What is three more weeks? Please Wayne. Exercise patience.

Lee2000

This is the best thread posted to date.........PATIENCE !

Mcdaniels is the pats OC........

I don't think we have the patience, the Senior Bowl is coming up and an important meeting is also coming up right after the Title games. thats why they will have a coach by Friday at the latest

I too believe a Coach will be chosen by friday, but again you never know the way this has turned out. Indy OC might be who they are waiting on or even Rivera (no to Turner). Who knows, all I can say is that virtue of patience is what is need on all ends from Staff and Fans, b/c I know all of us dont want a new coach just to have one, atleast someone that we truly researched and make a strong decision on no matter how frustrating it makes us as fans. But like many fans have said before key important dates are coming along and the uncertainity of our current staff (good and bad) needs to be resolved in a timely manner so we can begin righting the ship for a productive season (however that ends as long as we end with answers not questions). I will be the first to say we are going to the Super Bowl,,,,that is just my heartful devotion to our team ever year i believe we are going no matter the status of the organization. I know wishful near impossible think.

Thats is my 2 Cents

I agree 100% none of the current candidates really impress me that much. It doesn't matter who they hire as long as Randy Meuller handles the personnel scouting. You never see Bill Belichick searching for talent at the Combine or the Senior Bowl. Keep that in mind.

I know who Caldwell is, but who's McDaniels??....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
If I may jump in here because I like McDaniels also...Josh McDaniels is the Pat's OC and QB coach for the last 3 years...very young (31) and comes from a football family...father is HC....apparently very sharp and a rising star...2-3 years from now he will be on everyones list...hard worker that apparently picks up everything. also he is very proactive and aggressive with his game planning apparently...he does not react to Defenses but rather changes his schemes so that the D has to react to what he is doing....I doubt he has a real shot...but...I REALLY like this guy....he should be interviewed and if he can overcome the youth might blow people away...might.....

If I may jump in here because I like McDaniels also...Josh McDaniels is the Pat's OC and QB coach for the last 3 years...very young (31) and comes from a football family...father is HC....apparently very sharp and a rising star...2-3 years from now he will be on everyones list...hard worker that apparently picks up everything. also he is very proactive and aggressive with his game planning apparently...he does not react to Defenses but rather changes his schemes so that the D has to react to what he is doing....I doubt he has a real shot...but...I REALLY like this guy....he should be interviewed and if he can overcome the youth might blow people away...might.....

Interesting.....

I do like the Pats offensive game planning. Even with basically no WR's this year, they've still managed to make it to the AFC Champioship. He's kind of young, but coming from the Patriots background, he's obviously got some talent. I wouldn't mind interviewing him.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

Interesting.....

I do like the Pats offensive game planning. Even with basically no WR's this year, they've still managed to make it to the AFC Champioship. He's kind of young, but coming from the Patriots background, he's obviously got some talent. I wouldn't mind interviewing him.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

He's only 29, but he's from Canton (hall of fame), his dad was a football coach, he went to the same College as Don Shula (John Carroll), he's been in the Patriot system for 6 years and actually was under Saban for a year at Michigan St.

He's only been an OC for one year but has done a great job from my perspective.

Hiring him might be a year or more too early but it might pay off down the road.

He started off much like Mangini and worked his way up.

With the staff we have in place it would not scare me to do it, if you would accept Brian Shotty you should accept this guy.

great post. i would be for either of them. lets wait until monday, interview the loser and sign him tuesday. forget the vanilla choices. lets show some guts and roll the dice

McDaniels from the Patriots. Interview these guys. Don't get locked on somebody too early. What is three more weeks? Please Wayne. Exercise patience.

Lee2000

I don't mind patience but what about the senior bowl? If WH would hand control of player personnel over to Randy already or offer it to Scott Pioli, we wouldn't have to worry about it. Then, you're looking to hire a coach you've already made decisions without. I don't think they'll take too well to that.

The general manager and assistants can handle that....

that is not so critical as to use the patience to get the right guy. Sign the wrong guy, get the wrong input on the kind of players you want. My argument is that the Senior Bowl will mean less if we pick the wrong guy anyway.

Lee2000

I don't mind patience but what about the senior bowl? If WH would hand control of player personnel over to Randy already or offer it to Scott Pioli, we wouldn't have to worry about it. Then, you're looking to hire a coach you've already made decisions without. I don't think they'll take too well to that.
I heard Dom Capers and Mueller are going together to the Senior Bowl if a HC isn't in place.

I trust Capers, I think we should really consider him for the HC position.

I heard Dom Capers and Mueller are going together to the Senior Bowl if a HC isn't in place.

I trust Capers, I think we should really consider him for the HC position.

Why? He's flopped twice.

If Capers is the choice, you can bet it is Wayne saving money and I will be unhappy.

This would be Dave Wannstedt all over again.

Back
Top Bottom