Value of number 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Value of number 2

i don't anticipate a trade because Cleveland doesn't believe we are going QB in my estimation. but I'll wet my pants if we can drop a few spots for a second third rd pick.

The value of the #2 pick may be decreasing. ESPN's Todd McShay did a chat yesterday in which he said "I know that the Browns are in love with QB Jason Campbell in the second round, so look for them to trade out of No. 3 if they get a decent offer, which would allow them to get extra picks, get a tackle like Alex Barron later in the round and also get Campbell."

It's Insider content, so I can't post the whole thing.

They may not be grabbing Rodgers or Smith like we think.

phunwin said:
The value of the #2 pick may be decreasing. ESPN's Todd McShay did a chat yesterday in which he said "I know that the Browns are in love with QB Jason Campbell in the second round, so look for them to trade out of No. 3 if they get a decent offer, which would allow them to get extra picks, get a tackle like Alex Barron later in the round and also get Campbell."

It's Insider content, so I can't post the whole thing.

They may not be grabbing Rodgers or Smith like we think.

I was afraid of that but it could be all part of the bluffing that goes on before the draft.If they make the fins think they are not interested in one the top 2 QBs than they can wait their turn if they think we will draft another position.

phunwin said:
Actually, that's not true.

Effectively, the Vikings traded Moss for Napoleon Harris and the #7 pick...and Pat Williams, Darren Sharper, and Fred Smoot. The cap room they saved by moving Moss was what allowed them to make all those moves. Now, they really don't have a lot of needs other than wide receiver. It's perfectly reasonable that they would package 7 and 18 and move up to 2, since they've filled most of their other needs and could splurge on a luxury item like Edwards.
And by only having one pick instead of 2 first rounders... they would save some cap room as well! I could see them doing it. Not sure if they will though. Most Mocks still have Williams falling to them at 7. If they can get that good of a WR at 7, why bother trading to 2.

Oboy said:
And by only having one pick instead of 2 first rounders... they would save some cap room as well! I could see them doing it. Not sure if they will though. Most Mocks still have Williams falling to them at 7. If they can get that good of a WR at 7, why bother trading to 2.

The bonuses and salaries at the top of the draft are quite a bit higher. So yeah, they probably would save a little by doing that.

I think they would be apt to trade up to 2 because Edwards is a significantly better prospect. Also, with so many teams in need of a big-time wide receiver, someone could easily trade up and leave them nothing at 7. San Diego, for example, has 2 first round picks and a gaping hole at WR. Ditto Dallas. Philadelphia surely would like to trade up, given the opportunity, and talked about trading Corey Simon already. Tennessee and Chicago are in the top 6 and could take WRs. So there are a lot of good reasons for Minnesota to move up to 2.

I think GB is the best shot. Farve is on his tail end and Smith looks to be a good replacement for him and kinda the same mold. A year or two behind Brett and giving the kid a chance to work from under center and get comfortable and he'll be a hell of a steal...

clajoie_7 said:
I think GB is the best shot. Farve is on his tail end and Smith looks to be a good replacement for him and kinda the same mold. A year or two behind Brett and giving the kid a chance to work from under center and get comfortable and he'll be a hell of a steal...

They certainly have a need. The problem is a lack of ammunition. It's hard to trade up from #24 (or wherever they are) all the way to 2.

Green bay will have to give up to much, while minnesota may trade up it will not be both of their 1st's for our #2 we will have to at least throw in a third like reported in the suspected cowboy trade the only one i see doing is the cowboys because they could use a young WR or because Parcelles seems to not like Henson

Back
Top Bottom