Value of number 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Value of number 2

JAREDMANN

Seau's Slut
Reaction score
what do you guys think we are going to get for the number two because i lookat all these mock drafts and it has us getting alot more then i think we ever will. i dont see any way we get 2 first in thist years draft

- Minnesota- why would miinesota give up there 2 firsts for edwards that would be like trading moss for edwards and dont think for a secound moss and edwards are equal

- Dallas- no chance Parceles trades up he never does and i doubt he ever will

- San Diego- like us have to many holes and it looks like they might get the first for rivers any way

other teams
Green bay- they might offer something but they wont give away their entire future for a QB, they have holes to fill and they never even tried to move up last year to get losman

Cardinals-They usually never move up and there are lots of players they would be happy with

dont get me wrong i hope we can pull of a deal like the one between oakland and san diego but i dont see it happening.

Nick has to play it right but there is a lot of potential for us to move down.. if teams think "their guy" has a chance of getting nabbed before they pick. Its just getting some of the teams close to use like cleveland etc trying to move up just a few spots I personally think we would do better with a couple of small moves VS a big move.

ya a bunch of small moves i think is the best way to do it and most realistic, but moving down only 2-3 spots no way we get a secound like what happened last year an extra 3rd at the most. the only reason it happened last year is because it was to move up for a TE that may be the best ever

I hope that SF takes a QB and that CLE covets the one that is left. We call them up and tell them that Arizona and/or dallas(or who ever might want a QB) wants to move up, but we will take #3 and a 3rd and a 2nd in 2006. Now there is value. Then you call MINN and say do you want Edwards we will take #7 your 2nd(49) and a 2nd in 2006. Now we can take one of the three backs or M Williams or Shawne Merriman at #7 and have more first day picks and major leverage in '06

tastes like chi said:
I hope that SF takes a QB and that CLE covets the one that is left. We call them up and tell them that Arizona and/or dallas(or who ever might want a QB) wants to move up, but we will take #3 and a 3rd and a 2nd in 2006. Now there is value. Then you call MINN and say do you want Edwards we will take #7 your 2nd(49) and a 2nd in 2006. Now we can take one of the three backs or M Williams or Shawne Merriman at #7 and have more first day picks and major leverage in '06

Thats alot of stuff your just thinking might happen i dont see cleveland giving up that much nor do i see minnesota both teams have other needs they could fill if they dont get their main guy.

unless someone wants braylon i doubt they will trade up. I could see CLE trading up to the #1 spot though

JAREDMANN said:
Thats alot of stuff your just thinking might happen i dont see cleveland giving up that much nor do i see minnesota both teams have other needs they could fill if they dont get their main guy.

It is all based on how much CLE likes the QB that is left. As for MINN they will keep their other #1 so they can still fill needs. I think that teams Throw away future picks every year(look at us) I just hope we can do it to somebody else for a change.

the problem with this draft is that there isnt really anyone worth trading up, down or all around for. There isnt a stand out player who is worth such trouble. Only a few catches and yards separate the best wide recievers. Theres a slew of great runningbacks, and the quarterbacks as we all know because of Brady, cant really be judged by the first round, with sleepers all over who could come up and be great.

so we're most likely looking at a number 2 pick, and settling with a second rounder from KC. We take a guy every round. Yes, it would be nice to have two second rounders, because of the depth of this draft, but for that very same reason, I doubt anyone will be willing to move up.

Nick Saban is having a pre draft news conference on Thursday at 4:30 PM...maybe he will clear some things up by then....although I think he will keep some things close to the vest so our #2 pick remains valuable, and it could entice other teams to want to move up. Vikings, Dallas or Arizona could be the teams looking to move up.....I agee that the Tuna doesn't seem to be a guy who likes to move up though.

testtubetimmy said:
the problem with this draft is that there isnt really anyone worth trading up, down or all around for. There isnt a stand out player who is worth such trouble. Only a few catches and yards separate the best wide recievers. Theres a slew of great runningbacks, and the quarterbacks as we all know because of Brady, cant really be judged by the first round, with sleepers all over who could come up and be great.

so we're most likely looking at a number 2 pick, and settling with a second rounder from KC. We take a guy every round. Yes, it would be nice to have two second rounders, because of the depth of this draft, but for that very same reason, I doubt anyone will be willing to move up.

be careful counting on any "sleepers" at the QB position. For every Tom Brady there are tons of late rnd QBs that never even dress for an NFL game. Look it up, you have a much greater chance of finding a starting QB in the 1st round than you do in all the other rounds combined.

If you draft a late round QB, more than likely you will get a backup. You could get lucky and find a franchise quality player, but the odds are WAY against it.

IMHO as we get closer to draft day the wheeling and dealing will commence. I believe we will be able to trade down with a team that wants either top QB or Edwards. Teams will make the move to trade up...you'll see! 17 days to draft day!

JAREDMANN said:
- Minnesota- why would miinesota give up there 2 firsts for edwards that would be like trading moss for edwards and dont think for a secound moss and edwards are equal

Actually, that's not true.

Effectively, the Vikings traded Moss for Napoleon Harris and the #7 pick...and Pat Williams, Darren Sharper, and Fred Smoot. The cap room they saved by moving Moss was what allowed them to make all those moves. Now, they really don't have a lot of needs other than wide receiver. It's perfectly reasonable that they would package 7 and 18 and move up to 2, since they've filled most of their other needs and could splurge on a luxury item like Edwards.

IMO Our best chance of trading down is to trade with a team that wants one of the remaining top two QBs.

It depends what player the niners take.If they take Edwards instead of a QB then a team like the Vikings may be tempted to trade up to take Williams but I believe that is a less likely scenario.

Remember that the Browns and Bears could also be attractive to a team that wants to trade up and it would cost them less.

CrunchTime said:
IMO Our best chance of trading down is to trade with a team that wants one of the remaining top two QBs.

It depends what player the niners take.If they take Edwards instead of a QB then a team like the Vikings may be tempted to trade up to take Williams but I believe that is a less likely scenario.

Remember that the Browns and Bears could also be attractive to a team that wants to trade up and it would cost them less.

I disagree. Assuming the 49ers are set on Rodgers at #1 (and that's no guarantee), Edwards is the BPA on many draft boards. There are more teams that want an impact WR than want Alex Smith. Moreover, the teams with multiple picks (Vikings, Chargers) are teams that need a WR badly. There's a very good chance that Edwards doesn't get past 4. So to assure yourself of getting him, you need to move up to 2.

Back
Top Bottom