Van Ginkel 'making A Name For Himself' With Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Van Ginkel 'making A Name For Himself' With Dolphins

We'll see how the Josh Rosen pick works out. But Van Ginkel and someone like Chase Winovich whom guys like @ckparrothead were high on would have been a nice addition to this defensive front. Ofcourse Chase goes on to get drafted by New England...argh!

Love this kid's attitude, seems to have good football skills with plenty of heart, and an upbeat personality. Rooting for him to make it.

He was the consolation prize for teams that missed out on Winovich. Almost identical players, except Van Ginkel has a springier lower body. Little bit more lower body explosion.

You have to wonder if Miami had their sights set on Winovich, who obviously went to New England the pick before Miami took Deiter.
We will never know for sure, but IMO getting a competent guard to play next to LT was the higher priority.

Assuming Dieter is what he appears to be, he will almost certainly see many more snaps than Van Ginkle.

He was the consolation prize for teams that missed out on Winovich. Almost identical players, except Van Ginkel has a springier lower body. Little bit more lower body explosion.

You have to wonder if Miami had their sights set on Winovich, who obviously went to New England the pick before Miami took Deiter.
My sentiments exactly. We targeted Winovich, but then used that late 2nd to trade for Rosen. The difference between Winovich (who was selected by the Patriots) and Van Ginkel is that Winovich can win 1v1 and Van Ginkel really can't. The scheme creates opportunities for both of them.

This will be an easy and constant comparison. If Rosen becomes our great QB, all is good.

On the off chance that Van Ginkel is as good or better than Winovich, awesome!

If Rosen isn't the answer, and Winovich is significantly better than Van Ginkel … well that will bug me for a long time.

Can't remember where but I read somewhere that Miami was interested in Ben Banogu. He went at 49. One pick after our original 2nd round pick before the trade down.

Back
Top Bottom