Vaughn Parker - OT, San Diego | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vaughn Parker - OT, San Diego

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Would we be interested in this guy??? He only started 3 games last year because of injury (I don't know what).

Vaughn Parker 6-3, 300# 10-yr veteran

http://www.ffmastermind.com/bits/hot.shtml
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports one of the early moves by the Chargers this off-season could include the release of veteran OT Vaughn Parker. Parker, regarded by many as the team's best offensive lineman when healthy, confirmed yesterday he has requested his release because the sides are far apart on a restructured contract. The Chargers told Parker they want him to play for the veteran's minimum of $760,000 - plus a relatively small signing bonus - rather than for the $3.5 million he is scheduled to make this year in the final year of his contract. "At this point in time, I just don't anticipate that that's going to happen," Parker said of returning to San Diego. "In the course of negotiations ... we basically have agreed to disagree. It's disappointing, very disappointing. This is the place where I started my career - and we started on such a high note, going to the Super Bowl - and I was hoping to see it come full circle, to the point where it ended on a high note and we got this thing turned back around. The problem is not just that they want me to restructure; it's the fact that they want me to play for the minimum. In my mind that says they no longer see me as the starter, and for me that's not acceptable. It doesn't even sound like I'd have a chance to compete for the (starting) job. So, the determination that I've made is that it's time for me to move on." Reached last night at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, GM A.J. Smith said no decision has been made on Parker or any other player at this point.

Back
Top Bottom