VCR to DVD...HELP! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VCR to DVD...HELP!

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Ok, I know my card might not be the best (ATI all in wonder) but I need help figuring out how to convert the VCR tapes I made, into DVD.

The first thing I did was hook up a VCR to my card, and then press record while the entire game recorded onto my hard drive.

Next I tried to add the file to my Nero software to burn it to DVD.

It said error, and it looked like the file was too big for the DVD.

Now my question is this...is there a way to get full screen games on DVD in decent quality?

Am I screwed for getting these games converted over? 2004 won't be a problem, as I now have Tivo, and I can do digital to digital.

Help!

have you tried to edit it down to a more manageable size? use an editing software and remove things like commercials and half time to get it down in length. you should also be able to save in differnt formats that should also help.

What format does the ATI All-in-wonder card record in??

It records in all different formats, but I was trying it with MPEG 2. I have no sound either.

It plays fine through the VCR into the computer (I get sound no problem) So I push record, to get it onto the hard drive. When I go to play it back from the hard drive, I got nothing in the sound department. I opened the mixer, and made sure all the line in levels are up.

I am using the ATI 8.1 card, in a demension 4600 Dell computer.

any ideas?

Ok, I got sound, but the quality (even in MPEG 2 DVD) is just not worth doing.

I will save my new DVD burner for this season, and just keep the old tapes I guess.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom